Before the Confrontation

I confess that it is becoming increasingly difficult to write what happens as the story progresses. So I count on your help a lot.

After walking through long hallways being escorted by two Koopa guards, Luigi was thrown into a room, while he heard the door closing from behind. As soon as he got up and came to his senses, he realized he was in a bedroom and not in a prison or something.

That left him confused. Shouldn't he have been thrown into a cell, cage or some kind of dungeon? Why leave him in a big and luxurious bedroom if he was a prisoner in that place?

Out of nowhere, he heard a knock on the door, and before he knew it, a Koopa opened the door with a tray in his hands. - "Here's your food, human." - he placed the tray on the floor and then he left the room. Luigi blinked a few times in confusion, before looking back at the tray on the floor.

His stomach growled at the thought of eating. He remembered not having eaten anything at home when he and his brother arrived after a failed job. Shyly, he got up and walked over to the tray, fearing it was something dangerous or even disgusting.

To his surprise, when he lifted the lid, there was a normal, freshly prepared meal. He still thought about the possibility that he might be poisoned or bewitched, but he was too hungry to worry about that.

MEANWHILE...

After some time, Kamek appeared again to Bowsette, who was on her throne again. - "Dame, I can understand why not put him with the other prisoners, but why keep him in one of the guest bedrooms and take food for him?"

In response, Bowsette just sighed and replied. - "He's worth more alive than dead, right? Not to mention that he might know things that this "Mario" and my faker must be planning. With that, I'm keeping him close for now."

"Oooooh... I get it, now. It's a great plan, dame." - he exclaimed, in realization. Bowsette smiled and nodded in response, before turning serious. - "Now, make sure that our intelligence can discover more things about this Mario and that princess's plans."

Kamek nervously nodded, before disappearing. Finding herself alone, the queen of the Koopas began to let herself wander in her mind. Other than Peach, she had never seen another human in her life. Where did these two brothers come from? How strong and determined was this Mario to want to face her without hesitation? How important was his brother Luigi for him to want to go this far?

She would interrogate that human in a while, but first, she would eat something.

THE NEXT DAY...

After arriving in the Jungle Kingdom, Mario, Peach and Toad did not know that they would have difficulty convincing Cranky Kong to help them face Bowsette with his army. Thanks to Mario's recklessness, they had a chance. However, in exchange for participating in a duel with Donkey Kong.

Despite the difficulties, Mario managed to beat him and they were about to form a plan, although he was in trouble with DK now. Inside a hit, Cranky Kong had a world map displayed on the wall as he and Princess Peach discussed a plan.

"We've located Bowsette's ship. She's gonna arrive at the Mushroom Kingdom by sundown! Luckily for you guys, I've got a shortcut!" - explained Cranky, while pointing to the world map.

"We beat her there and ambush her!" - Peach deduced as she waved her arms. - Cranky Kong just stared at her, while scratching his face. - "Yeah, I know. That's why, we're gonna need karts!"

The next one is already in progress, as I split this chapter when I realized it was getting much longer, so wait a little longer.