Protect

Bunny moans quietly, he's not sure whats happening. he winces, his body hurts, his energy is expended. he knows he's shrunken down again. he can't seem to get his eyes open, until there is a growl over him. his eyes snap open in worry.

there's a familiar furry white body crouched over him, with light blue tribal markings across the fur.

Yaca.

Bunny tries to get up but whines lowly, laying still.

"Bunny! do not move!" North shouts. Bunny looks even more confused, but can't move his head enough to see where the voice came from.

what happened? whats going on?

Jack growls, crouching over his mate.

Bunny notices something else growling, it snaps at Jack, catching his attention. a Wendigo. it snaps angrily at Jack, getting in his face. Jack snaps back. his hackles are raised, ears laid back as far as they can go, body tense. he's snarling at the creature that dares hurt his mate.

"what...?" Bunny mumbles, quietly. Jack moves one of his paws to push Bunny further under him gently. Bunny hisses softly, curling up. the only apology gets from Jack is a soft whine, before his attention turns back to the creature before them.

"Jack get back." North says.

"get Bunny out of here." Jack growls lowly.

"m'not... goin'." Bunny manages. the Wendigo lurches at Jack, but Jack holds his ground, easily swiping the creature away from him and Bunny.

"touch him again! I dare you! I'll eat you for breakfast!" Jack warns, crouching lower over Bunny. he's ready to pounce on the creature to get his mate out of here.

"J-Jack-" Bunny tries.

"don't move Aster." Jack warns. "you three stay back! don't come any closer!"Jack warns. Bunny grunts winces, slowly turning his head.

"N-North don'." Bunny warns, when the Crossack gets closer.

"Bunny you are injured-" North tries, stepping forward again. Jack growls lowly.

"st-stay back." Bunny warns. "he can' help it, but Jack will attack ya if ye get too close. he won' mean t'." Bunny winces. Tooth grabs Norths arms gently and pulls her back.

"North, back up. the last time Jack fought anyone like this because Bunny was hurt..." Tooth trails.

it was the war on their home planet. Bunny had attacked one of their friends once since Jacks Pookan form was revealed, accidentally. North still had scars on his neck from the incident.

the Russian frowns, stepping back. just as he does so, the Wendigo tackles Jack, snatches up Bunny and takes off running.

"Aster!" Jack shouts, rolling back onto his paws and taking off after the creature. "we've got to catch that thing before it gets to the lake!" Jack shouts, sprinting as fast as he can. the others are following after them as fast as they can.

"lemme go ya bloody dringo!" Bunny shouts, struggling with the Wendigo. "I am not a snack!" he growls. the Wendigo is suddenly tackled and Bunny goes flying. he lands on the ice hard and bounces across it. Jacks head snaps up, Wendigo immediately forgotten when his mate lets out a cry of pain.

"Aster!" Jack shouts, jumping over the creature to go after Bunny. the last bounce on the ice makes the ice crack. "ASTER!" Jack shouts as the ice lets go under Bunny. Jack jumps onto the ice, solidifying it under his paws, so no one else falls through. he's startled as the Wendigo tackles him hard, sending them both through the ice.