Chapter 5 - Phone call from the DeAd

"what the hell?" Hanna shook her head while sipping her weird smelling hospital anti depressant medication. "dude, I am not kidding, seriously!" I shouted, making the bed bounce a little bit. "ladies, keep your voices down." said one of the nurses as she stuck her head into the room. "well, we will talk about this later, when there aren't as much people around. So, when are you getting released?" I asked. Hanna smiled, "about three days, we totally have to go shopping after!" Hanna was happy, she obviously did not know that she was going to have to be sent to Radley straight after her physical recovery. I knew I was not aloud to tell her, but I had to. "Hanna."  I said while keeping my head down. "yes babe?" Hanna replied. I could not bring myself to say the words you're going to the looney bin .  I stood there blankly, "I.. I have to go." I stuttered while stumbling towards the door. I sprinted out of the hospital, with nothing but the sound of my heart pumping and my heels clicking against the marble floor.

My car started with a wheeze. My phone rang, great, its probably Hanna, I stared blankly at my phone, letting my maroon 5 ringtone ring out to my voice mail. The music stopped, blasting out someone's voice. "Hey Aria! where are you? remember its our salon day today! get your ass over here!" I was confused, Every first and last Sunday of the month Alison and I would always go the the hair salon and get our hair done.  The girls voice was soft and mellow, I could picture the words coming out of her bow shaped lips, her icy blue eyes staring back at me, it was Alison. 

Was It some kind of sick joke? my shaking hands grasped my iPhone and I frantically re called the number, I pressed the phone to my face, eagerly waiting for a reply, for Alison reply. Maybe, from the grave. The phone rang several times before an automated voice picked up, We are sorry, the number you have tried to contact, has been deactivated. The phone fell from my hand, that was Alison, I am sure of it. I pulled up speed dial and called Spencer, she immediately picked up. "Spence! you have no Idea what just happened, I am seriously about to have a heart attack." I said into the phone, I could just imagine Spencer sitting on her couch with her phone eagerly put to her ear. "what? what is it?" she demanded. It was almost impossible to get the words out of my mouth, I kept pushing them out but nothing came out "I think Ali's back." I finally squeaked. There was immediate silence  on the other end of the line. There was an exhausting pause,  "meet me at The Brew ASAP" she finally said before hanging up. 

I put down the phone and sped out of the hospital car park, I turned into the highway and drove fast, consciously looking at the rear mirror, thinking that any minute now Alison would appear in my back seat. I consciously look back every few seconds, not noticing the cars ahead of me, I kept looking back, my heart was pounding. I tried to keep my eyes on the road - but the blonde haired girl who was sitting next to me seemed to stare into my soul.  "hey there Aria." the girl smiled. My hands dropped from the wheel and I stared into her eyes, "is it really you?" I heard a car honk its horn and a tyre screeching, I turned back watching in horror as the two ton cement truck came hurdling towards me, I yanked on the wheel and slammed down on the brakes, but I was too late. 

All I could hear was my windscreen smashing, before it was all gone. There was so much pain I could barely feel it.  My life flashed before my eyes, before my heart slowly came to a stop, or at least it felt like it. 

One minute I was in my car calmly driving, the next I was laying on the highway with blood running down my body and the sound of flames in my ears. I layed there blankly watching as the paramedics sprinted towards me, I felt nothing.

can you hear us? Miss! yelled one of the paramedics, I wanted to scream, I wanted to throw my hands up in the air and cry but I could not do anything, it was if I was frozen. Is this how it feels to be dead? 

My eyes felt heavy and I had an urge to close them, but I know if I did there would be no turning back and that would be the end. The paramedic shocked my chest with the AED. I heard him yelled as he struggled to keep me alive, he did not give up on me but I have. I take my last breathe and let it all go.