-2.

'This love was meant to be'

3 December 2009
Hungry Eyes by Eric Carmen

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Aoife and Niall always had a love for baking

Aoife and Niall always had a love for baking. Spending most of their time in the kitchen of his dad's home with music blasting through speakers and a recipe book opened wide on one counter on the baked goods Niall had selected for that day. He always chose, and she always went along with it, liking to see him smiling.

Today was no different. Warm rays of sunlight poured through the large kitchen window despite the chilly nature of the day outside, frost on the grass blades, and a cold wind blowing all the fallen leaves around. Aoife was a sucker for the cold weather. Frosty days cuddled up with the love of her life under blankets in front of the fireplace even if she felt uneasy, his love blinded everything.

The comfort she felt around Niall was unmatched. He was her light and safety blanket in the darkest of days, and she hoped she was the same for him. The way he clung to her on the nights they'd spent together was evidence of the way he cared for her, whispering confessions of his love to her while she slept.

She truly felt as though she was on cloud nine around him. No other bond she shared with her sister and friends compared to the relationship she had with her best friend and her love.

The two were inseparable, had been since they were eight years old, and yet neither of them was sick of one another.

"You little fucker! Give me that back!" Aoife shouted through the one-story home. Niall was a giggling mess as the blonde-headed girl chased him around the house.

Niall had been aggravating his girlfriend all morning and was now running around with the bowl full of brownie batter in his arms.

"Language!" Niall's dad scolded Aoife.

"Sorry! Niall, I swear if you don't give me that batter back-" The former brunette suddenly halted in his tracks, turning around to face his girlfriend with a smirk plastered on his light-colored skin.

"Or what?" He challenges which only makes a large smirk coat Aoife's face, she knows him too well for this.

"No kisses or hugs for a week."

"A week?! You can't be serious." He gasped in horror at the idea of not being allowed to show affection to the beautiful girl in front of him for a week.

"Oh yeah? How does a month sound?" Two could play at that game, Aoife thought to herself.

"Here." Niall rolled his eyes, accepting defeat. The risk was not worth taking for him.

"Thank you." Aoife wore a cheesy grin, leaning over to peck Niall on the cheek, only for his fingers to move her lips onto his.

"Get a room, lovebirds," Brady Horan, Niall's older brother, remarked, causing the two to separate. Aoife's face grew red in embarrassment, while Niall rolled his eyes at him, unfazed.