-1.*

'Do you think you could tell me everything, darlin'?'

8 April 2012
Wish You The Best by Lewis Capaldi
Meaningless by Charlotte Cardin

Warning: mentions of vomiting

☀︎☀︎☀︎

I'm a lover of silence

I swear I thrive in peace and quiet, so when Ella is working nights, it means my favorite combination of things comes together in perfect harmony. Darkness overtaking the apartment means I can light numerous candles throughout and the small lamp in the corner of the living room – creating the most relaxing vibe possible.

My vinyl Every Breath You Take- The Singles by The Police, plays softly almost like a dainty hum throughout the small space while the lights from the outside of the car headlights down the busy road illuminate part of the outside world but I had no desire to be out there even if most people my age would be out with their friends. I'd rather cuddle on the couch under a blanket with my nose buried in a book before having a bubbly lavender bath and then tucking myself up in my small double bed in the room I occupied at my sister's home.

I'd always pour the blame on spending so much time with Niall growing up. We'd go on adventures together, but since he pursued his dreams, our joint activities quickly came to a halt, much to my dismay. My brain knew he needed to leave and chase what he always wanted in life, but my heart selfishly longed for him to stay wrapped up in my arms forever.

We'd call and text constantly, especially when he toured in the UK and the time differences weren't too big. The first few months were constant and neither of us could get enough of the other even if we needed to show our love virtually. When he'd leave the continent and travel thousands of miles away, things simply got harder. I was working at the dance studio teaching the little kids beginning skills throughout the day and sometimes picking up shifts at the local coffee shop with my best friend, Aisling Kelly, to help with the bills my sister was receiving.

Niall was constantly on the go, he was drained of energy by the time he was tucked up in hotel sheets that he'd fall asleep on the line before we could even have a conversation even when I was waking up in the middle of the night simply just to talk to him. I continue to try every day, my texts being read but not replied to and my phone calls unanswered despite him being active on his phone.

My love for him hasn't ceased with the distance and he continues to tell me whenever he has the chance how much he also loves me. It fills my heart when I hear those words. I haven't heard them in person for months – Christmas last year was when he kissed me goodbye and said he'd be back soon.

His pinky promised he'd be back soon, and he'd try harder to communicate while touring.

The silence filled the room, making me jump when a fist pounded against the door a few feet away, startled by an uninvited guest and immediately growing anxious as to who could be there this late.