One.

''Time stands still

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this"

❀❀

♫ A Thousand Years- Christina Perri♫

☀︎ January 2016  ☀︎

It was all bright sunny skies in southern California

It was the perfect day for a wedding, one of which Lennon Elliot originally had extremely high expectations of attending in support of her closest friends. Although it was like the weather app downloaded on her phone had lied about the way her day was going to flow, sunny skies clearly didn't equate to perfect days – it was like everything went wrong.

Her failure to wake up to her alarm caused her to sleep in and wake up in a panic, which in turn rudely awakened her three-year-olds, starting their days in bad moods. Arwen and Koen didn't mean to make their mother's life harder but with one child wanting to be clung to her body and the other in a pouty mood, it made it more of a challenging task to get everything done, call a taxi, pick her friend up, and get to the wedding on time.

She had a late shoot the night before that caused her to miss the rehearsal, which was not typical for a bridesmaid like herself. They set the shoot up last minute and she had zero way to get out of it despite desperately trying. The weight of not knowing how everything was set up heightened her anxiety. Everyone else already knew, and she feared looking like a fool in front of the crowds. She was going to be walking in with her moody, unpredictable children, unprepared.

It wasn't a good look for someone who had to upkeep an image.

As soon as the driver arrived at their destination, Lennon thanked the older man. Then, she took on the next task of removing her kids from the vehicle, which could always be a challenge. However, with the help from Nessa, one of her closest friends, she knew a slight weight would be taken off her shoulders.

Lifting her daughter out of the car, she placed her down on the gravel that crunched beneath her small feet. Lennon smoothed her hands down the blue ruffles of her daughter's dress to make. sure it sat correctly. "You look so pretty, Wen! Are you ready to see Cassie?" She asked her young daughter with a smile on her face, watching how Arwen nodded her head enthusiastically filled with excitement.