Prologue

(Bonus chapters include how Y/N and Jonas met and other things from their life before the movie starts.)

You and Jonas are friends who's also in love, but hasn't been brave enough to tell each other. Your friendship meant to much for you to loose, but the years you had been friends none of them had any other relationships, you were each other's it. Everyone else saw it from the beginning, you just took a long time realising it, and even longer to do something about it.

But when Jonas had finally decided he needed to admit his feelings, the mission in the beginning of the movie happened. After that you tried to be there for Jonas, but he pushed you away, he didn't want you to see him like that, drowning himself in self pity and he didn't want to help himself to get better. So he told you to leave and never come back.

He went to Thailand, since you would still probably try to help him and he couldn't look at you, knowing he loved you but couldn't have you, you deserved so much better. He also wanted away from Heller and the ones believing his side of the story. You hadn't not believed him about what he said happened, and you had tried to defend him, but since you weren't there it wasn't easy.

Mac had gotten a job with Zhang Oceanic and recruited you as a pilot.

Mac had told you that Jonas was in Thailand, but since Jonas had told you to not come for him anymore you didn't do anything with the information. In reality he wanted you more than anything, but he couldn't admit it.

You were hurt after he pushed you away, but you were determined to not loose the friendship, you decided to send a letter, just telling to him about things that have happened in your life.

He never answered but those letters were the only thing giving him the slightest joy. He loved reading about your life, though he never answered. It started with one long and multi paged letter every year, but the last two years you have sent a letter almost every month, telling him all about Mana One and everyone there.

You had found a way to be happy, but there was always something missing.

When Mac comes to Thailand to get Jonas, he doesn't hesitate to come save you. But will he stay? Will he tell you how he really feels about you? Is it still the same between you two? Do you still feel the same about him after he pushed you away or have you moved on?

- In my version of the story, Lori doesn't exist and there is no romance with Suyin.