Nine

The next morning I wake up to Minho shuffling around getting ready to leave for the maze. I knew he was trying to be quiet so he didn't wake me but he was like a clumsy baby elephant. 

"Morning." I announce and he jumps sky high making me laugh until my stomach hurt which wasn't hard to do right now.

"How long have you been awake for?" He asks me. I smile.

"Not long. Leaving for the maze?" I question and he nods.

"I'll be back before you know it." He assures me before giving me a quick kiss on my head and walking out of the room, ready for the day. 

I decide I too should get out of bed and get ready which also meant having to escape Minho's room and get to my room which is right down the hall. I see Minho walk out of it and I get curious but he stops dead when he sees me coming out and Newt walking up. I smile as he tries to usher me inside but I have a better plan.

"Morning Newt." I announce and Minho looks at me with an are you serious?  face. I laugh.

"Ah I see we had a little sleepover last night did we?" He questions and Minho gives a sheepish grin before basically jumping down the stairs to get the to maze as quick as possible. 

"I honestly can't even remember last night. I think I was too high on painkillers." I joke and Newt looks at me with joy. I guess everyone is glad I'm alive, despite the big ass bandage on my side. I walk into my room and Newt follows behind me. I don't waste any time, and strip my shirt off. Newt has seen me in a bra before so it was nothing new. I didn't really care to be quite honest. 

"Well then let me fill you in. Minho and I helped you out to the bonfire and you sat on the ground basically all night then, when you got bored you decided to sing." At that, I whip my head around, eyes wide.

"I did what?" I ask him and he nods and I sit on my bed.

"Fantastic." I groan and he laughs at me.

"I don't see why you're so shy about it. You're so good." He tells me and I look at him.

"It's not that, I just don't like to sing in front of people. Especially people I know." I complain and he laughs at me while I try to get my new shirt over my head without pain. Surprise, everything I did hurt so, I grab one of Minho's shirts out my drawer and button that one up instead. That would do for now. "Right, so what have you got planned for me today?" I ask Newt and he shrugs.

"What do you wanna do?" He asks me.

"Guess I'm annoying you all day then." He nods and we walk out of my room, ready for the day. 

For the rest of the day, I help where I could in the gardens, mainly walking back and forth to get the fertiliser and sitting down passing Newt the strawberries that we aren't supposed to eat but do anyway. They were freaking delicious. 

"So, got a question for ya." I say to Newt and he looks up at me from the job at hand then gets back to it.

"I'm listening." He replies.

"If we were to find a way out, how do you think it would happen?" I ask him and he blows a big breath out before looking at me.

"That's deep." He states and I look at him. "I don't know. We don't even know where the exit is supposed to be." He answers.

"Yeah but just use your imagination." I say to him and he smiles.

"We would ride the grievers to victory." He jokes with a smile and I laugh at him before passing him another strawberry.

As the day came to a close, I stand by the walls of the maze. I could hear it summoning me but I knew I couldn't and stand there, hoping Minho runs through soon and sure enough, as if he heard me, he scoops me up, earning a small squeal from me.

"Put me down." I laugh and he does just that then slows down to match my walking pace. "How was the maze?" I ask him.

"Lonely. I didn't have anyone to scare me." He jokes.

"Boo." I say and he laughs and we make our way into the map room where he draws one of the same of section 7. There didn't seem to be anything new which only meant just one more day within the walls of the maze and just like that, said walls shut for the night. 

"What'd you do today?" He asks me and I shrug.

"Nothing too interesting. Hung out with Newt. That was fun. We ate Zart and Fry's strawberries and they were delicious." I tell him and he laughs. 

"Well, I think I may need to take you up on that."