Whispers of a Silent Sunset

"I just wanna be happy, I just wanna be free," I sighed to myself as I sat on the rooftop. The sky looks so blue as the sun goes down. I wish I could see what you're doing up there.

And every day, I just can't forget about you; you were my home, I was your friend. The world seemed to come together when we talked. There's nothing like the way your voice makes me feel. I'm just a dumb kid who never had a crush before.

It took me forever to realize that I actually liked you. I wish I would have let you know how I feel about "us." I feel so empty when I think about the day when you were counting your breath right in front of me, and I was helpless. When you were crying out for help, but I... I still can't accept the fact that you're not with me anymore.

Everything remained the same. The sun rises and makes its way through the curtains to kiss me, the birds sing my "wake-up theme song," the trees whistle as I go to the uni, the sun sets, waving me a goodbye, the crows unleash their voice and go back to where they belong. The moon comes up accompanied by the stars. The world never stops; it goes on, but little did it know, my world came to an end when your life ended.