7.

the rin and karasu rivalry in this is so funny i love it

෴෴෴

"alright gangy, lets get up and get ready for practice" you blinked slowly with your face in your pillow, trying to figure out what exactly was happening at the moment.

why was shidou yelling to wake everyone up at six in the morning, why was rin slamming his head into his pillow, why was poor nanase sleeping while halfway off his bed, and why was there a damp pillow thrown over the back of your head? many questions, so little answers.

"we get it, man.." karasu groaned as he sat up in his bed, glaring with tired eyes at the blondie that looked about ready to start doing jumping jacks. "why the fuck are you yelling though?"

a thud sounded from beside your bed, followed by a soft groan. "is it morning..?" an unfamiliar voice sounded through your ears, which only meant it was nanase. it couldn't have been zantetsu since you could still hear his loud snoring from across the room.

"this is what i imagine it was like waking up in those damn world war whatever trenches," you said through a groan, rolling onto your side to stretch and throw the towel from your head before rolling over to lay on your back. "shidou's yelling was like some war sirens.."

a snorted laugh came from karasu before he groaned into his pillow. after you spoke, shidou left the room and there was silence again with the exception of zantetsu's snoring. you let out a soft yawn, your eyes slowly fluttering closed again as sleep came over you. somehow, the room was warmer than they had been the previous time you were at blue lock, making you even more sleepy than before.

the next time you woke up, it was 7:30 with an alarm going off, signaling that you'd better get up to start the day.

groggily, you slipped out of your bed, nearly stumbling into rin, who had gotten out of his bed at the same time you did. "watch where you're going, idiot.." he muttered, letting his palm fall on top of your head to guide you towards the door to leave the comfort of your shared room.

"sorry.." you whispered through a yawn, slightly leaning towards rins frame as he began to walk beside you, karasu to your left, and nanase trailing behind tiredly.

"wonder what kind of food they got for us this time," karasu muttered, yawning once more while walking with his head dragging against the wall. "also.. was I dreaming or was shidou really yelling earlier while he was naked..?"

you blinked slowly, trying to process his words, slightly looking over at karasu with a confused look. rins hand was still on your head, making it harder to do so. "naked..? he was yelling.. but was he naked..?"

"i think so.."

nanase mumbled something from behind you but since no one heard it, the conversation died off and you all went your separate ways once you reached the cafeteria. once you got your food, you looked around the room. rin was already sitting down, eating alone with a scowl on his face, nanase was still getting his food, zantetsu had just walked into the cafeteria, shidou was nowhere to be seen, and karasu sat down at a random table, laying his head against the surface while his food got cold.

deciding that karasu had been good company so far, you made your way to sit with him. you weren't sure if he was asleep as you sat down, being quiet as to not disturb him.

while you ate, karasu subtly stole glances at you. he smiled softly when he noticed how happy you looked when you moved onto your bowl of strawberries and finally sat up to eat once he noticed you beginning to look around awkwardly as if you regretted sitting there.

"ready for the so called vigorous training that was mentioned?" a grape was thrown into karasu's mouth after he spoke, his eyes narrowing slightly as he looked at you. "maybe.." you shrugged, reaching for a grape from his tray but pouting when he pulled it closer to himself, not allowing for you to pick from his food.

you tried reaching for his tray again with pleading eyes, making karasu sigh and slide his bowl of grapes towards you. "i hate the training part of blue lock, honestly" you sighed in content after eating the grape and karasu smiled, amused that you were so satisfied with a single grape.

"and what is it that you like then? if not the hard work and training?"

"i like winning the games and talking with people" your eyes scanned across everyone in the room as you spoke. "though, there isn't really anyone that i was super close with that also chose france.."

still amused, karasu smirked at you. "winning, huh?"

"mhm.." you nodded, stealing another grape. "I've only lost once so far, and that was against the world players team or whatever" a cocky grin was sent karasu's way, which he answered with a playful glare. "but since it was set up for us to fail, technically i've never lost, so i guess i'm just that good"

"that so?" karasu watched you nod immediately. "so i guess what you're saying is that I wouldn't know anything about that, huh?"

another shrug came from you as well as that smirk and karasu's careful eyes that were on you narrowed as though he was completely fascinated by you. "if that's how you wanna take it.. thoughi've been on rin's team this whole time, so of course i've never lost" with his gaze so fixated on your lips as you spoke, karasu nearly missed the way the tone of your voice changed when you mentioned rin. it was nearly enough to make him roll his eyes, but he didn't.

"yeah.. rin is just so great, isn't he" and even though his tone was sarcastic, you still nodded in agreement, subtly glancing over towards where rin sat with a light blush dusting your cheeks. it was enough to make karasu scoff, his eyebrow twitching in annoyance that rin basically had you wrapped around his finger. it was insanely hard to tell what was so great about that guy.

he had no good personality traits. he was an asshole to everyone that talked to him, you included. he was annoyingly stingy and self centered when it came to playing football. even his tone of voice irked karasu, always having a displeased face whenever rin was speaking and he was within earshot to hear his tone of voice. how in the world could someone like you so clearly be in love with someone like itoshi rin. it seemed damn near impossible to karasu. you must've been into the whole asshole image thing when it came to guys, karasu deemed with a deep sigh, which brought your eyes back to him.

his glare was still trained on rin even after you had continued to eat and let your focus off of rin. and he still glared even when rin met his eyes with an even more intimidating gaze. he hadn't even been glaring but karasu still felt the need to avert his gaze, though he didn't.

while karasu was pissed off, rin was confused and growing annoyed. why was he getting glared at. he couldn't even think of a possible reason. rin was the one that had the right to glare at karasu. if anything, rin thought he would've been looking at him with that annoying cocky smirk he had whenever he had you near him. its not like you came and sat over with rin. though the thought didn't bother him too much, seeing you happily taking food from karasu's plate annoyed him. and of course, there was karasu's smirk when he noticed rin was visibly bothered by it. it made rin want to go over there and give you his food instead.

but he didn't.

rin stood up abruptly, his chair scraping against the ground and not so gently threw his food away before storming out of the cafeteria.

you watched with a confused but concerned gaze, your eyebrows furrowed while karasu silently laughed to himself. if there had been a score count that kept track of the wins and losses felt between the two, karasu easily would've been winning.

෴෴෴