23 | Trapped.

"Life is too short to be sad."

My mind was running a mile per minute which has been happening to me a lot lately

My mind was running a mile per minute which has been happening to me a lot lately. It started happening ever since the night I met Eleanor.

Her father was out of the castle so I could not see both the sisters at the lunch table.

Even Hugo missed them; I could sense it from the pace of his ingestion and how he played with the boiled vegetables on his plate rather than eating them.

Arianna's absence further made the room more suffocating and silent.

Sighing I wrapped my hands around the wine glass and brought it to my mouth when I heard a girl's voice.

On cue, Audrey walked into the room with her phone balanced between her right shoulder and ear as she carried a file and a pouch in her other hand.

She sat near Hugo which made him stiffen and shift away from her as discreetly as possible but Audrey's eyes hardened as she noticed what he was doing.

She stood up from her seat and sat 5 seats away from Hugo.

After a while of chatting with the other person she cut the call and put it aside near her file served herself some of the food and silently ate her food.

"Did Eleanor eat?" She asked no one in particular.

We all shook our heads when she looked at us from her phone expecting an answer.

She groaned and called someone on her phone whom I guessed was Eleanor.

"Where are u?" Audrey asked the other person in line.

"Father will have my head if you skip your meals." She barked to the other end. To a bystander, it may look like she doesn't even respect her sister but I could sense the affection and concern in her anger towards her elder sister.

"Deal with Kerilla yourself. I'm sick of her games and tantrums." She listened carefully as she placed a piece of steak in her mouth.

"Be serious Eleanor. You can't do that." Her voice was muffled as she chewed on the food while reading a paper in front of her.

"I'm not very active in that field, my friends as you know are not very reliable."

Suddenly the same woman who made a scene at Eleanor's room strutted in and gave a seductive look to all the men in the room. I could tell that even Father was disgusted by this woman.

Audrey's eyes narrowed at the woman who seemed to intentionally ignore her glare and sat near Hugo who squirmed while she touched his hand trying to serve herself the food that was laid in.

The maids and guards looked warily at each other. No one was allowed to sit at the royal finding table without the permission of a royal and here this woman sitting in her seat and enjoying her meal while she passed flirtatious looks every time she chewed her food.