24 | Little White Lies

Fear and love

Fear and love. These two antonymic emotions but yet expected from a person deemed to be the leader. I revel when people fear me, they think I'm weak and useless but all it takes is a second to reveal the truth, because even I, cannot forever hide the three things that will come into the light inevitably.

The Sun, the Moon and the Truth.

A perfect example of this fact would be the messy incident where Theo found out that I was his mate.

The ballroom was decorated beautifully with a touch of funky spice and elegantly because it had Audrey's touch in it. I subtly watched the trio glaring at me from different corners of the room.

I forced a smile back into my lips as I suppressed a groan in my throat after hearing Marquis Felix's pathetic attempt at trying to gain my interest. Again.

I guess he likes my face enough to flirt with me.

I wanted him to be afraid of touching me not comfortably flirting with me carelessly. Since Dad hasn't arrived yet I had to entertain these nobles and aristocrats. Fucking imbeciles. They don't even talk to each other considering their own heritage and family as the highest. I felt like a pawn as they tried to gain my favour after all these years as they somehow knew that Father moved up the coronation date secretly.

I was losing every shred of humanity I had in me as I tolerated the numerous attempts to impress me. Had Dad been in my place he would've dealt with them gracefully yet mercilessly.

Maybe it serves me right that I was despised of my standing as a worthy heiress for the crown.

No. I had to stop this line of thought at least for the sake of tonight's game because I need to be sharp.

Did you actually expect your dad to love you just because you share his blood?!

He will never be able to love you. He never moved on and your mere existence will only wound him not soothe him.

He doesn't want to love you Eleanor, the sooner you accept the fact, the better.

Time to fly. I recognised Isaiah's command even though my mind was demented with confusion and conclusions.

I am on the brink of insanity.

Mommy?

Sweetheart, give me a moment okay.. I'll be there in a second.

Little white lies can't hurt much...

Little did I know that I lied unintentionally and magnificently...