Prologue

Project 0226 - So I think it's my turn to tell a tale. Over the years it's been steady for us. My father never recovered from my mothers death, David and Melena went into hiding, and I have been preoccupied with watching over my father.

However, I wish everything would just stay the same. Recently Confort has been under attack; Normally I wouldn't care, but father says this is a new threat. I asked him why this attack is different from any other. He held his picture of mom and stared at it blankly while he explained that from the grave she calls for us to help the wretched city. This confused me, father always kept quiet about mother. He would only go as far to say that she still calls to him and then he would stop talking all together. I gathered up my gear and bowed to him, confirming that he wanted me to investigate the recent murders of Confort. He waved me away and I asked him to tell mom I love her. I stood up and exited our small ruin of a home.

I summoned an Ethier steed and mounted him, demanding the beast to take me to Confort. The ride wasn't long, I'd say just around a six hour ride at max. When I reached Confort I took the hidden route David created some time ago. And through the walls I made my way to the rooftops and observed the enormous yet still immaculate city of Confort. I whistled for Clicker and soon he came flying in. The Ethier crow landed on my forearm and on his leg was a note. I picked off the note and sent him off; I opened the scroll and read the following

Project 0226,

There's so much I need to say, but first I need you to head to the old peacekeeper station. This will be your first investigative sight. I love you.

I rolled up the scroll and stored it in my belt on my back right hip. I took to the ground floor and lowered my hood to not draw attention. The streets were quiet to vocals, but expressive in noise. Footsteps echoed around, birds crying through the air, while businesses brought life to these cluttered streets. I reached the station, memories spiraled out of control. I took a deep breath and kicked down the rusty old doors. I drew my handgun and lit the area with my tactical flashlight attached to the gun. I kept scanning the rooms carefully, every room deserted, cold, and trashed. I cleared the first floor and found nothing out of the ordinary. However, when I reached the second floor I felt colder. I noticed my breath and clenched my gun harder. Each room pumping to the sound of my heart and the halls echoing of suffering souls still trapped and tortured. I knew this was coming, but I stumbled upon my mothers resting place. I holster my gun and enter the ember filled grave.

I could see the outline of her body, no corpse but plenty of embers to rekindle. I felt a cold chill flow through me and I released my breath "Mother, I wish you to know I still search for you. In my sorrow I will slaughter to my heart's content." I paused, trying not to let her memory be disgraced with such a tragic death. I closed my eyes and thought to myself that I am not ready to tell her yet. I backed out of the room and drew my gun, I flicked on the light and cleared the two rooms to my left. There's one last room to clear, outside the door I noticed a red residue. I traced my finger across the door and pulled back after I felt the red flames. I took note that something powerful passed through here recently and kicked down the door.

Clearing the room with lightning speed I found nothing at first sight. I detached the flashlight and started a more thorough search. I attached the light to my shoulder and pulled my small notepad from my right chest pouch. I noted the marks on the door and the troubling presence this specific room brings. I put the notepad back and pulled my flashlight from my shoulder. I was about to exit the room when a force knocked me down to the ground. I dropped the light, Instantly getting up and getting grabbed by the neck.

In front of me was the figure of a woman, she wasn't visible since the flashlight shined out her features. She pinned me to the wall and coursing through her veins was the same red substance on the door. She scoffed and tossed me out the window to the right. I fell on my shoulder and I laid there gasping for air. Before I could regain my breath I saw the woman standing in the window. She backed away and I attempted to chase after. I stumbled to the wall and began climbing it. I reached the window and saw her enter the room with my mothers corpse. I held my hand on my sword holster and felt the surge of energy, I dashed with inhuman speed toward the door and knocked it down. I charged into the woman and together we fell to the floor. The woman shook it off and got up, so I started the slicing process. Releasing all my breath and when the time was right I Gathered my breath and in that flash of light I cut right through her. Her arm was severed and she just kept staring at me, I landed on my feet and drew my blade. She held out her severed arm and I watched the limb regrow.