Chapter 4

We've been fixing up Inari as Chris and Charlotte practice their skills, I taught them a couple tricks from my own experience. Each lesson tailored to their own personal skills. Chris excelled in ruthless combat and intimidation while Charlotte excelled in fluidity combat, poison, and assassination tactics. Although, the pair both had extreme resilience - no doubt from Casper's energy they consumed. I found their arsenals interesting; Chris also wore a hoodie but he always kept his hood tucked into his body armor made from pure titanium. He didn't have a wrist blade but he did have a device connected to the top of his right arm that when activated, produced two extremely hot rods that radiated heat in a blade like shape. He favored automatic pistols along with his rifle all created with Ethier bullets that had Charlotte's deadly melting poison tipped inside the barrel so that every bullet released will be coated from head to toe. He was poor in fluidity so to combat this he was gifted an hatchet laced with hallucination toxins also from Charlotte. And finally three small pellets that when thrown release a large wall of flames lined the left side of his belt.

Charlotte resided for a more tactical loadout, She asked for two Kukri that were deployed from her back. She had no form of armor but padded clothing concealed from the inside so she could take any blow from melee and only last up to pistol fire. She had special gloves laced with her special fear toxin so that when she gets close enough the enemy will falter. She had no firearms but instead of wrist blades she had specially made pneumatic pistons concealed in her sleeves that could turn anything pellet sized into a deadly weapon. And finally she had a last resort device strapped to her right leg along the waist that was biometrically assigned to her that one activated will release the strength of ten nuclear bombs and kill any and all immediate danger.

With all that in mind it was time for us to reset our minds to the goal that brought us here in the first place. We're going to kill Batibat Berberoka. That being said, we need to maneuver the pieces into play. If we were going to kill this devil then we need more information on her, Casper shared with the few of us that can use Ethier about the Seventh form and how it is the only form that can move faster than the berberoka. I found it of utmost importance to study this red Ethier the Berberoka can produce, and to find out if we can use it for ourselves. David called out the only way to get a hold of the red Ethier then we need to take it directly from the source. Casper quickly objected to this idea, she claimed that Ethier survives into two environments. The body of a live host and the brain tissue of dead opponents. Her next words chilled me to my core, she said the safest way to collect this Ethier type is to go back to Saber's corpse.

We only traveled in a small group, Myself and Casper along with Chris and Charlotte. We slipped into Confort then into the now shut down apartment complex. The unbearable silent streets and dead buildings make all of us uncomfortable. Eventually we made it to the room, Casper stopped us and directed her attention to the novices "this is what she did to me personally" Casper said as she opened the door. As I recall, Casper never saw what happened to Saber. This was the first time she will see our child in almost two years now. She opened the door, Saber's corpse left untouched and somehow still partially intact. The novices shuttered at the sight, Casper just knelt by her corpse and mumbled to herself

It's ok now... I've come to visit dearest Saber... I promise with every ounce of my strength to not cry and to avenge your death.

Casper collected the samples we needed and together we left the building. Chris held the small vile in one of his pouches as we exited through the roof top exit. Before we could leave a small hum could be heard, the novices noticed it first then Casper and I listened in closer. "Project, doesn't that sound like-?" Casper was interrupted by a massive beast collapsing the building. Dust smothered all the air around us and the thing we saw back at the forest was back. Quickly we regrouped, Chris and I took charge. He shot at the beast's eyes while I gained a higher altitude. I emerged from the dust cloud and whirlwind slashed all around the beast's left arm then found myself at eye level. Chris regained distance as the beast started plunging forward, I sheathed my blade and knew of one possible way to gain the upper hand on this demon. With a huge muster of strength and a quick but painful swing of the arm I summoned the Ethier Serpent to smother the beast's legs. The serpent bit down onto the demon and I landed on his right arm