𝟐𝟓

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

"Wheres Micheal?"

"In the back room," Polly sighed, "afterwards i'm taking Micheal to the museum."  She added. John sighed, "Micheal wanted to come in and say hello-"

"Shut up John, there is nothing of interest to them in this room. Now Tommy get on with it." Polly scolded.

Maeve whistled and continued reading her newspaper which she was in fact not actually reading. Tommy clasped his hands together. "Last night one of our men had his throat cut in Winson Green." he said. "This morning, i had a telegram saying it was Sabini's order."

"Poor Digbeth Kid," Maeve tutted.

"And it says here that Thomas Shelby is next," Arthur stated, pulling out paper.

"If our men think we can't look after them in prison they'll not work for us. Sabini knows that so we need to get the Green sorted out. Scudboat, you and one of the boys, break a couple of windows and get arrested. And if our coppers get you into the Green, you find out who did it."

"Instead of breaking a window can we pinch a car?" Scudboat asked. Finn and John laughed. "What? Everybody else is getting a car. I'm still on a donkey-"

"This isn't funny," Maeve's lips parted as she placed down the paper, "do none of you understand the severity of what you're doing? A boy has died because you set him up to go to jail," Maeve pointed a finger at Tommy, "that poor boy just wanted to be seen, feel like he had friends i suppose. But instead he's been killed, all because you create enemies."

Tommy stood with his hands in his pockets, "how many people have died at your cruel hands, Thomas?" Maeve stood, "there's too many, you can't even count."

"All right, just get yourselves fucking arrested, doesn't matter how. We'll start a fund for his family, Pol."

"Agreed," she nodded. "So is that it? Can I go now?"

"Seriously?" Maeve scoffed, "i can't believe you, you're selfish. Each an every one of you!" She snapped, "and you, Tommy, one day i hope you don't have the upper hand-"

"Maeve." Arthur scolded.

"No, he deserves to know what it feels like! I hope someday, someone dear to you gets ripped away from ya just like how youse rip away kids from their families. It's cruel."

"Maeve- I swear you batter people in school?" John spoke.

"Fighting someone is completely different to taking someone's life..or beating them until they can't breath." She looked at Arthur, no longer caring if she hurt his feelings.

"If you knew what was good for you, you'd shut up." Tommy warned.

"What're you gonna do? Pull a gun on me like you promised?" She taunted, smiling at the gasp that left Polly's mouth.

"You fucking what?" Arthur asked.

"Maeve, you sound insane." Tommy laughed. Suddenly, something inside Maeve snapped and she saw red. It was only seconds before she launched forward, grabbing him by the collar and punching him in the face.

"Maeve- fucking hell, Maeve!" John said, trying to pull her back.

Maeve kneed Thomas in between the legs and tried punching him again but he held her wrists. "Alright, come on stop it." John said, wrapping his arms around her front.

"Sweet Jesus.." Polly muttered, hands on mouth, stepping away.

"Maeve come on, out the room." Arthur grabbed her from John, lifting her slightly and moving her into the house.