AU Arthur's return

Merlin is laying in his bed, turning around as he mumbles a few words. While he is sleeping, he sees memories flashing by: Gwen, Morgana, Freya, the Knights and Gaius. Every memory he sees for just a few seconds, but then it stops. And he sees how he first met Arthur, how they used to bully each other and had a few quarrels. He also sees how he hold him, and how his life was taken away. And as he sees how Arthur floats away, he hears a well-known voice: "It is time"
He opens his eyes and almost falls out of bed. Quickly he puts on a red t-shirt, jeans and shoes. Before he goes he picks up his dark brown leather jacket, and is on his way.
While he is walking to the Lake of Avalon, he feels ... Different, almost stronger and purer than he has ever felt since Arthur died. Everything feels purer, the stars shine brighter, the plants seem greener and it even looks like the wind tastes sweet. It is dark and he can't see where he is walking. He whispers a spell as the road shines a dimmed light. He quickly takes the right street, only a few minutes before he is on the place where he last saw Arthur.

When he finally arrives at the Lake of Avalon, even more memories flash by and his head almost seems to explode. As he looks at the Lake, he sees some beautiful lights flying above, and when he looks better, he sees that it are small blue elves. They are flying around, feeling the same magic tense as Merlin. He looks around, not knowing what to do, one of the bigger elves flies towards him. "Finally! Finally the Legend has arrived." Legend? he thinks by himself. I am not the legend here, that was Arthur. "What must I do to rise Arthur again?" He asks, the elf smiles at him. "You have to bring him back. Replace the tense into words, words that bind Magic and Courage together. Remake the coin that once made Albion." Merlin breathed deeply after hearing these words. He concentrates as the tense feeling inside of him slowly turns into words in his mouth. It turns colder and darker as he shouts the words into the sky, it is a long spell and costs a lot of effort. You can hear the wind rush against the leaves. There is a moment of total silence, as the atmosphere slowly turns brighter, as the sunset of a new Era.

In the middle of the Lake, where Merlin once threw his sword, now rises a blond haired boy with a red cape and a sword in his hand. He turns his head and directly looks at Merlin, his eyes slightly cringing as he smiles at him. He steps forward and Merlin starts running towards him, withdrawing the water so he could walk easily towards Arthur. Merlin and Arthur finally, after decennia of waiting, approach each other and Arthur opens his arms. They hug each other tight, never to let go.

"You waited for me, all this time." Arthur whispered in disbelief. "As if I would ever leave your side." Merlin replied.

---

I hope you liked it! This is an AU's I wrote like a month ago. So if you follow me on Instagram (Muhrlin) you might have already read this one. Please leave a comment or a vote if you enjoyed it!

See you later! :)