Chapter 30 : Confrontation

Xiao Zhan sprang his eyes open.

For a split second the Killer's eyes shone up widened.

Wasn't Xiao Zhan supposed to be sound asleep?
Then why is he still awake?

The black clothed person hissed under breath and strengthened own grip. The rope got tightened around Xiao Zhan's neck; he was getting strangled.

But Xiao Zhan was ready; he suddenly pulled out his long leg and kicked hard.

Just a moment of distraction and the kick directly landed on the Killer's belly, the killer staggered few steps back.

Xiao Zhan jumped down from the bed panting; his forehead was covered in small beads of sweat, some of them were even gliding down his cheeks.

Both of them were standing just a few metres apart, directly staring at each other.

A few minutes passed by.

"I know your identity" Xiao Zhan spoke out in a cold voice "...let's talk."

The Killer's eyes shone up. Like a reflex the killer threw away the rope and slid out a knife from own pocket. The unsheathed knife shimmered; the killer didn't waste time and dashed towards Xiao Zhan holding the knife forward.

Xiao Zhan knew martial arts, he dodged the attack swiftly. But the killer was extremely skilled, didn't pause for a moment and continued attacking Xiao Zhan nonchalantly with knife over and over again. Xiao Zhan kept on dodging but he soon felt getting worn out, his moves were getting slower but the Killer's swiftness remained same as before.

The knife suddenly grazed through his cheek; he dodged at the last second. A cut appeared on his cheek, hot blood oozed out from there.

The Killer's stamina was intense. Xiao Zhan understood that he won't last long long if he kept on only dodging; he had to fight back too. But he was at disadvantage; the Killer had a knife in hands where as he himself was empty handed.

 But he was at disadvantage; the Killer had a knife in hands where as he himself was empty handed

Suddenly a vase caught his attention, he picked it up and threw it at the assailant.

The assailant dodged it at right moment; it didn't hit the assailant but it certainly caused a distraction.