Chapter 33 : Clearer view

"Then, ZiXuan's dead body must have been carried by her car. We should investigate her car, there must be some remains still now." Song Jiang said excitedly.

"Mn" Yibo gave a light nod, "Her car is still in the Estate's parking lot, we can investigate it anytime." He paused, "Now let's come to the next morning. The neighbours called the Police and as a member of SIT I was instructed to go to the crime scene. I was the first one to reach there. Something aroused my confusion, so when some officers started to arrive I handed the crime scene to them and left out to check my confusion."

"To the jewellery shop? For ZiXuan's bracelet?" Xiao Zhan interrupted him.

"Mn" Yibo tried to recall, "I was absent the whole morning and noon, so I don't know what happened there afterwards."

"I know" Xiao Zhan came to the rescue, he was there in front of the neighbouring house whole morning watching all the procedures there. He said, "Mianmian and Officer BoWen back to back were investigating the case. Meanwhile Director Nie came and scolded them."

"Oh yes, Director Nie" Yibo beamed up as if he remembered a crucial point, "Director Nie seemed to be suspicious from time to time. On the night of ZiXuan's death he was already in the city but he hid it, leaving his mobile in hotel he left, where he went that nobody knows. Moreover he visits the grave of a little girl named A-Qing, who's that girl? We've never heard about her."

Yibo let out all his frustrations.

But even after hearing all these Song Jiang was calm, he gave a light cough, "Actually I'd say he did the right thing."

Yibo's intense gaze immediately fell on him.

"Let me explain, let me explain please" Song Jiang cried out, "A-Qing is an orphan from the witness protection program and our Director financially used to support her, he also went to meet her sometimes, he loved her like his own. But he never let others to know about her. A-Qing was very frail and needed to get hospitalised very often, that night also Director Nie rushed to the hospital for her."

Yibo felt betrayed.

"You knew these all along and never said?" Yibo's frustration seeped through his voice, clearly.

"No no" Song Jiang vigorously shook his hand in denial, "I also didn't know it before" He paused, "After you asked me to investigate our Director, I watched the footage of his hotel minutely; seemed like he left in a hurry, worried as if it was emergency. Thinking it can be a medical emergency I called the 5 best hospitals of our City as he always thrives for the best; I checked their entrance's CCTVs and found him entering in 'Flowers Hospital'. I directly asked the authority, at first they didn't want to say anything but later after giving them a bit pressure they revealed that yes Director Nie had admitted there a girl named A-Qing and he wanted to keep it a secret. Then I researched on A-Qing and found out the details. That little girl died some days ago."

Suddenly the atmosphere became grave hearing the death of the little girl.

They had suspected the wrong person.

Yibo sighed, "Seems like he's unrelated to the case then."

Director Nie's mystery was solved, so Xiao Zhan continued from where he put it away, "After Director Nie left, The Police were making place to take officer ZiXuan's body in the Police ambulance. Then I saw Su She in the crowd. Oh!" Xiao Zhan recalled something important, "In this same crowd someone had slit my arm with a fine blade, it must be Mianmian."

"Fine blade?" Eyes creased XuanLu repeated after him, then suddenly exclaimed "Could it be the paper knife which is recieved in the parcel this morning?"