Chapter 34 : Is it really Over?

"Su She being dead and BoWen's arrest made her path clearer like a crystal. So she proceeded for her next and Final Target, Xiao Zhan." Yibo looked at Xiao Zhan, his eyes pained.

"But I've one question." Xiao Zhan asked, "The day you went out to arrest Su She, I mean the day on which Su She died why did you return after awhile?"

"I-I don't know" Yibo hesitated, "I suddenly got a hunch that the Killer is trying to separate me from you so that it can attack you. So...so...I returned." Yibo scratched own neck, he was clearly embarrassed.

Xiao Zhan nodded, he too had the same hunch, that's why he let Yubin enter,

"So, did Mianmian really appeared here?" Xiao Zhan asked curiously.

Yibo shrugged "We would never know. She reached at the location earlier than mine, that's the only thing I know. As for if she really came here or not...we would never know."

There was a few minutes pause.

"Okay, now let's come to the next victim, John." Xiao Zhan said breaking the silence, "I think he was the most unfortunate victim among all, he didn't even know for what he had to die for."

Xiao Zhan sighed.

"But how did Mianmian enter the Estate?" XuanLu asked confused.

"It's in the bonfire night." Xiao Zhan sighed once again, "As we had suspected earlier she must have drove through the road beyond the Estate gate and went more uphill. There she got down from the car, came down walking through the backyard jungle, climbed the fence and trespassed into the Estate lawn. And there she found a person looking like me standing right beside the straight cliff, moreover he was wearing my red coat which Mianmian had also seen me wearing in our first meeting." He paused and quickly looked over everyone's faces once, "You all can't deny that John's physique was so similar with mine that it was not impossible to confuse him as me in such a foggy night."

Wang Yibo nodded silently.

He also had fallen victim for this confusion.

"What are you nodding for?" Xiao Zhan asked pissed, it was utterly visible that he got irritated by Yibo's nod.

Yibo immediately stopped nodding.

He couldn't let go this confusion go much further, otherwise he himself had to sleep in the couch.

"I can't understand what made her sure that it was you Xiao Zhan." XuanLu asked scratching her head, "Why she didn't even bother to verify it before pushing the person down?"

Xiao Zhan sighed and put his mobile forward, opening a message.

"Sorry I kept it from all of you." He softly mumbled.

[Xiao Zhan, please come beside the Lily plant, I've something very important to tell you.
--- Wang Yibo ]

Yibo snatched the mobile from table and read the messege over and over again. His eyes twitched, "But I've never written this."

"I know" Xiao Zhan said calmly, "See the sender, this one was sent from your work mobile."

"But I didn't bring it here." Yibo said frustrated, then something clicked his mind "Oh, that's why you were asking me then?"

"Mn" Xiao Zhan gave a light nod, "I think after trespassing into the lawn she scouted the area and the straight cliff right beside the red spider lily plant caught her eyes. She fixed it as 'my suicide point'. "

A cold chill crawled down XuanLu's spine as she kept on listening.

Xiao Zhan continued, "She messaged me this text and kept on waiting. But due to weak network that message didn't reach to me in time, so I didn't go to that place either."