foreword & notes

Description:

How can you turn your life around when you seem to have nothing left?

This is the question that thirty-year-old Michael asks himself every single day.

Picture the scene.

It's the summer of 1989. Freshly divorced, and with his five-year-old son in tow, Michael sets off for England in a bid to start a new life. The poor soul has been through it all in the last few years — falling in love and marrying young; welcoming a new addition to a broken family; and facing the harsh realities of being a single father to a child whose mother wants no part of parenthood.

If Michael were to describe his life, he would use two colours: red and black. Through all the love and passion he had with his ex-wife, there were plenty of dark times to make up for it.

But, by the same token, he may just find something else to bring a little colour back into his greyscale life ...

•••

Notes:

Michael is not famous in this story.

The story contains themes including but not necessarily limited to:—

• Sex/masturbation
• Swearing/cursing
• Mild mention of neglect
• Mention of toxic relationships
• Mention of trauma
• Discriminatory views/treatment

Warnings for any sensitive themes or triggers will be placed before each relevant chapter. This will enable readers to use their own judgement on whether it is suitable to skip the respective chapter or not.

I wish to stress that any negative views, behaviours, speech or attitudes presented in the story do not reflect my own opinions, nor do they suggest that I believe them to be true.

Now, with the serious stuff said, please go forward to the next part to start reading the story!

I really hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it! xx

MissJackson777