Chapter 4

In Mumbai.
Naira's room.

Nani : Agar uss din hum log Shaurya ke bhauji ilaj ke liye hospital nahi gaye hote toh pata nahi kya hota meri dono betiyo ka?

Flashback.

Naira was 5 months pregnant. Naina and Naira were living in Mumbai in Naina's flat which she had purchased without any help from Agarwals. Naina was working in tution classes and college to earn money. She strictly prohibited Naira from working during pregnancy.

They were in hospital for Naira's regular check up. They come out of the doctor's cabin with a sad face. Doctor's words were ringing in their ears.

Doctor : Baby ki growth ruk gayi hai. Agar 1 week mein phir se growth shuru nahi hui toh abortion karna hoga aur agar aisa nahi kiya toh baby abnormal ho sakta hai.

Naira : Ab kya hoga Naina agar mere baby Ko kuch ho gaya toh??

Naina : Nahi di aapke bache ko kuch nahi hoga. Main hu na main pura dhyan rakhungi aapka.

From behind a couple were coming out of another doctor's cabin and they heard their conversation.

Naira : Par agar mere bache Ko kuch hua toh main mar jaungi. Usse kuch nahi hona chahiye.

Rajshri : Bitiya rani...

They turned around and saw Rajshri and Vishambar.

Naira : Nani...

Four of them move towards each other. When they were one step away from each other Rajshri took Naira in a bone chasing hug. Vishambar joined the hug. Naina was adoring them. Naira was sobbing in her arms. Vishambar saw Naina and signalled her to join the hug then she joined them. After sometime they pull apart and Rajshri kisses their foreheads.

Rajshri : Kaha chali gai thi tum dono? Aur humein bataya kyu nahi. Pata hai hum sab kitne pareshan ho gaye the. Akshara, Jamai sa aur Gayu betiya ka ro ro ke bura haal hai.

Naira and Naina smile with tears. They were happy to meet Nani and Nan after 5 months. They both smiled after a long time but still there was something missing, it was the shine of their eyes which was gone when they both were forced to live their love and family by their family only.

Rajshri and Vishambar were waiting for their answers. Rajshri was scanning the feathers properly, that's when she noticed Naira's bump.

Rajshri : (smiling) Bitiya rani tu maa banne wali hai.

Vishambar too saw her baby bump and beam with happiness. They both again hugged her and kissed her forehead.

Rajshri : Akshara ke bauji badhai ho aap par Nana banne wale the.

Vishambar : aur aapko bhi ap bhi toh par Nani bane wali hai.

Naira and Naina smile seeing their happiness but the only question escapes from their mouths.

N+N : Nani ab Shubham ki haalat kaisi hai?

Smiles from both of the faces washed away as they heard the question. Girls were early waiting for their answers but got only silence as their answer.

Naina :  bataiye na Nani Nanaji Shubham ki haalat kaisi hai ab?

Rajshri : Yeh sab baatein chodo aur Naira betiya tu beth iss halat mein tumhara yu itni der tak khade rehna thik nahi hai chalo beth jao.

Just then Naina's phone beeps with notification, she checks the message and sees that her boss from tution is calling her at classes for some important work.