Chapter 6

In Hotel Green Paradise.

Kartik was getting ready for his first day in college. He was in front of the mirror settling his hair when his phone rang. It was a video call from Swarna. He smiled and picked up the call.

Kartik : Haan maa boliye.

Swarna : Kartik tum ache se pahuch gaye the na? Kuch pareshani toh nahi hui na??

Kartik : Haan maa main pahunch gaya tha air koi pareshani nahi hui. College walo be driver bhej diya tha mujhe pick karne ko aur ab wo aa raha hai mujhe pick karne.

Swarna : Jaldi se jaldi apna kaam khatam karke mere pass wapas aa hai mujhe tumhari bahut yaad aa rahi hai.

Kartik : Maa ab jitna time lagega mujhe utne din yaha rehna padega par main try karta hu jaldi se jaldi aapke pass wapas aa jau. Maa aapne apni dawai li?

Swarna : Haan leli hai aur Preeti hain wo hum sab ka khayal bahut ache se rakh leti hai.

Kartik : Acha maa abhi main rakhta hu college jana hai baad mein call karta hu. Aap apna aur sab ka khayal rakhna.

Swarna : Haan aur tum bhi apna khayal rakhna.

Kartik : Thik hai maa bye.

Swarna : Bye.

They end the call and Kartik calls the driver and tells him to pick him up.

With Naira.

Naira was standing near the gate of the train with her headphones on. Wind was blowing up her hair making it cover her face. She was about to move them aside but a hand touched her face. She instantly looked up and saw Kartik there. She was stunned to see him here.

Naira : Kartik tum..

Kartik : Haan Naira main, tumhe Kya laga tumhare itne khaas din par main tumhe akela chod dunga. Kabhi aisa hua hai ki meri Naira koi nayi shuruwat kare aur main uske pass nahi hu.

Naira : I miss you Kartik.

Kartik : I miss you too jaan isliye toh yaha aaya hu. Ab tum tension mat lo.

Naira : Kartik ab mujhe chod ke kabhi nahi jaoge na.

Kartik : Ab tum bolugi bhi na toh bhi nahi jauga.

Saying so he kissed her forehead. Suddenly there was a jerk and Naira opened her eyes and saw Kartik was nowhere to be seen. Then she realized that it was one of the blissful yet painful dreams which she has seen almost everyday since the past 2 years. A long tear made its way from the corner of her eyes. She quickly wips and gets down the train as her station arrives.

Naira sat in a cab and was thinking about her dream.

Naira :(in mind) Kyun Kartik kyu roz yeh sapne aate hai mujhe?? Kyu tumhari yaadein mera picha nahi chodti hai?

She was thinking all this when her phone rang. It was in Vishambar. She wiped her tears and cleared her throat.

Naira : Hello Nanaji Radhekrishna.

Vish : Radha Krishna bata kaisi hai aap?

Naira : Main thik hu Nanaji. Aap bataiye.

Vish : Hum bhi thik hai. Aapki Nani ne bataya aap apni padhai phir se shuru kar rahi ho.

Naira : Haan Nanaji abhi college jaa rahi hu form jama karne. Kal se college shuru ho jayegi.

Vish : Yeh apne acha kiya beta. Asha karte hai ki aap dil laga me padhai kare aur humara aur apni Nani ka naam Roshan kare.

Naira : Aa.. Nanaji wo... Mujhe aapse kuch puchna tha??

Vish : Haan puchiye na.

Naira : Nanaji wo...ab ....

Vish : Hum samajh gaye aap kya puchna chahti ho. Singhania Sadan main sab khushal mangal hai par Gayu abhi bhi sabse naraz hai.

Naira : Aap samjhaiye na Gayu di ko.

Vish : Humne unhe kitni baar samjhane ki koshish ki par wo samjhane ko tayar hi nahi hai.

Meanwhile she reached college.

Naira : Nanaji abhi main rakhti hu baad mein baat karti hu.

Vish : Thik hai apna khayal rakhna.

Naira : Aap bhi.

She disconnected the call and paid her fare and got down the cab. At the same time Kartik also got down from his car at the back door of the college as the front was crowded.

As soon as both enter the college compusa a sense of belongingness hits them. They felt like something or someone very close to their heart was near. And the first thought that came in their mind was of each other.

Kaira : Naira/ Kartik.

Words come out of their mouth without their permission.

Kaira : mujhe aisa kyu lag raha hai ki Naira/Kartik yahi kahi aas paas hai? Kar wo yaha kya karegi / karega?

They shrugged off their thoughts and went ahead to complete their work. Naira went to the administration office and Kartik went to the Dean's office. The boys were mesmerized by seeing Naira. Without any trace of makeup she looked gorgeous.

She just ignores their stares and continues walking. Naina also reached college after dropping Kaira at daycare. She got to know from her colleagues that a new trustee is coming today and will be the guest lecturer for the management subject. She was going to ask the name of the trustee but some students called her and she went away.

In the Dean's office.

Kartik and Dean were having a talk about the project.

Kartik : So Mr. Pintu will have a nice time working with you.

Dean : Same here Mr. Goenka.

They both shake hands. P. A. Dean spoke.

P. A. : Aaiye sab teachers se introduction kar lete.

Kartik : Sure.

Three of them move towards the staff room. From front Naira was coming after submitting her form, in Kartik's direction. But they can't see each other as Naira was busy on her phone doing her academy work. Kartik was busy talking to Dean to notice Naira coming. The crossed reached each other but their hands brushed with each other. They stop at some distance as a current passes through their spines.

Kartik was about to turn but Dean hold his hand and took him to stuff room. Naira turns around but can't spot him as he is already gone.

Naira : Kartik yahi hai mujhe ehsaas ho raha hai. Par wo yaha kya karega? Yeh kuch nahi hai bas tera veham hai.

She saw the watch and realized that she was getting late for the academy. She quickly took the cab and went to daycare to pick Kaira. When she reach there she saw her playing with other kids. She smiled as Kaira as been a very friendly child from the birth. She when inside and called her. Her eyes lit up by seeing her mom. She run towards her and hug her leg indicating to lift her up. Naira took her in her arms and kiss her forehead and in return she kissed her check. The babysitter come there and introduce herself as Vaishali.

Naira told her that she is taking Kaira with her and left the day care and made her way to Dance Academy.

That's it for today.

How was the chapter?

What will be Naina and Kartik's reaction after seeing each other.

Please vote and comment.

Love you all.

Riya