Chapter 9

Next morning.

KAIRA woke up in their respective flats and started getting ready for the day.

With Kartik.

Kartik was getting ready and as usual Swarna called him. Today she was really happy about something.

Sawrna : Hello beta.

Kartik : Kya hua main bahut khush lag rahi hai aap?

Swarna : Ab khush hone ki baat hai toh khush toh hogi hi na.

Kartik : Kyu aisa kya hua?

Swarna : Beta aaj Shubham ne pure 2 saal baad apna haath hilaya aur doctor bol rahe the ki usse bahut jaldi hosh bhi aa jayega.

Kartik : Wah maa yeh toh bahut achi baat hai. Main aaj hi wapas aa raha hu.

Manish came there and said.

Manish  : Nahi iski koi jarurat nahi hai. Jab tak tumhara kaam nahi ho jata tab tak tum wapas nahi aao ge. Aur haa aaj kal mein Sameer ka bhi kaam ho jayege toh woh bhi aa raha hai.

Kartik : Ji papa. Ab main rakhta hu mujhe late ho raha hai.

Swamish : Acha thik hai bye apna khayal rakhna.

Kartik : Aur aap bhi.

They disconnect the call and Kartik went to get ready for college.

In Naira's house.

As usual Rajshri was making breakfast and girls were getting ready for college. Kaira was sitting in her walker and was playing. Naina came out of her room and said,

Naina : Nani main jaa rahi hu.

Rajshri : Aree.. par nashta toh kar le betiya.

Naina : Nahi Nani time nahi hai already bahut late ho gaya hai aur upar se aapko Mumbai ka traffic toh pata hi hai.

Rajshri : Haan beta janti hu par ghar se khali peth nahi jana chahiye.

Naina : Nani aap ek paratha de do raste mein kha lungi. Di main Sonu ko lekar nikal rahi hu.

Naira comes out of her room.

Naira : Thik hai aur college khatam hone ke baad usse academy le aana.

Naina : (taking a paratha) Haan di ab main chalti hu nahi toh late ho jayega.

Naira : Acha thik hai.

Naina took Kaira with her and left for college. Naira and Rajshri chuckle at her.

Rajshri : Puri ki puri pagal hai yeh ladki.

Naira : Haan par iska yeh roop sirf kabhi kabhi hi dekhne milta hai.

Rajshri : Bhagwan kare ki tum dono ko wo sari khushiya de.

Naira : Wo toh unhone already de di hai.

Rajshri gave her a confused look.

Naira : Sonu, aapke aur nanaji ke roop mein.

Rajshri smiles at her.

Rajshri : Chal ab tu bhi nashta karle nahi toh tu bhi late ho jayegi apne pehle hi din.

Naira and Rajshri had their breakfast. Naira took her bag and was bidding bye. Naira gets down from her wing when at the same time Kartik comes out of his building. They were about to cross each other but Kirtika came there and called Naira. Kartik sat in his car and started his drive. After talking to Kritika, Naira went to the station to catch her train. Naina dropped Kaira to her day care and went to college. Kartik and Naira reach the college at the same time but due to the crowd they didn't notice each other but felt the pull in their hearts.

Kartik went to the staff room and Naira went to see her name in the college list. Naina was about to leave for her class but Kartik entered the staff room. After seeing him Naina was too numb to react. She thought that she was dreaming. Kartik was in the same state. They come out of there trance by Mrs. Shrama

Mrs. S : (to Kartik) Sir yeh hai Naina kal isse milna nahi ho paya tha na aapka (to Naina) aur Naina yeh hai Mr. Goneka yani ki humare naye trustee aur thode dinon ke liye guest lecturer.

They formal shake hand and went to their respective work. they were too shock to say something so they decided to keep mum.

With Naira.

After seeing her section she started heading to her class. she was going when she bumped into a girl. The girl turn and apologise to her.

Girl : I'm so sorry.

Naira : Koi baat nahi.

Girl : Hi, I'm Tanvi.

Naira : Hi Naira here.

Tanvi : Tum konse course mein ho?

Naira : Business management.

Tanvi : Same main bhi chalo saath mein chalte hai.

Naira : Ok.

They went to their class. In class all chit chatting. They both go and sit on the second bench. Some senior boys come there. All students stood up but Naira was least interested in all this. The boy's ego got hurt due to her ignorance. They came and stand in front of her and said,

Boy : Ohh Ms. aapka naam jo bhi ho tum. Tum mein itni bhi manners nahi ki seniors ki repect mein khade hote hai.

Naira : (boldly) Main yaha padhne aai hu toh teachers ke awala meri kisi ke liye khadi nahi hogi.

Boy 2 : Ohh toh ab tum humein attitude dikhaogi.

Naira : Ab tum isse mere attitude samjho ya kuch aur i don't care.

Boys were getting angry but Naira was least affected by it while the class was impressed by Naira's boldness but were scared by the seniors.

Boy 2 : (whisper to Boy 1) Bhai kuch toh karna hi hoga nahi toh bezzati ho jayegi.

Boy 1 : (whisper back) Tu chinta mat kar Ms. Attitude ko toh main dekhta hu. (To Naira) Toh Ms. Attitude hum aapko ek task deta hu agar wo kar dogi toh main tum he kabhi bother nahi karunga.

Naira : That will be better for you so now say what I have to do.

Boy 1 : So, jo ladka sab se pehle is class mein enter hoga usse time kiss karna hai hai aur twist yeh hai ki tum last bench ke yaha turn karke khadi rahogi.

Naira : Ok.

She got up and went to the last bench and stood facing the wall. Just then Kartik entered the class. Boys saw him and went to their class while the students sat on their seats. Kartik saw a girl was standing in so he said.

Kartik : Ms. Aap jo khadi hai please bhet jaiye.

Naira felt her feet frozen in seconds. Her heart fell in the pit of her stomach. The voice again fell in her ears.

Kartik : Ms. Please Beth jaiye nahi toh class se bahar chali jaiye mujhe class shuru karni hai.

Naira felt she was going to faint and she was going to fall but someone cotch her on time. Yes it was Kartik. They both were lost in each other's eyes. Their eyes contain very little emotion except for happiness. The shine of mischief was gone. They felt emptiness in the other pair of eyes.

That's it for today.

How was the chapter??