Chapter 10

They were lost in each other's eyes and their trance were broken by Tanvi who called Naira. Naira came out of his hold and said sorry and went from there taking her bag. Kartik was devastated when she came to his desk and said.

Kartik : Sorry students aaj main class nahi le paunga.

Kartik went from there brushing his hair by his fingers. Naira was walking in the middle of the road. All her movement with Kartik were coming in her mind. A truck was coming from behind but her and was going to hit her. The driver was going give horn but she was not able to  hear the sound. Someone pull her aside with a jerk making her come into sense. She turned to see the source of the pull and saw Naina there. She just hug her tightly. Naira started crying. Naina just caressing her hair.

Naina : Shant di please shant ho jaiye.

Naira : Nai..na wo wa...wapas .... aa.. aagay. 2 saal ba..baad m..ain ...usse bhu..lane... wali..thi... aa..ge badha..ne w...ali...thi. Kyuu??

Naina : Shant di ghar chal kar baat kare please... Abhi yaha na sahi jagha nahi hai aur na hi waqt. Chalo abhi chalte hai hai.

Naira wiped her tears. They sat in a cab, they picked up Kaira from her day care. When they reached their house Nani was not at home. Naira said that she was going to her room for some rest. Naina nodded and said that she will feed Kaira her lunch and will make her sleep with her. She just nodded and went to her room. Kaira looked innocently at her maasi.

Kaira : Maasi mumma paleshan??

Naina : haa baby par aap tension mat lo. Aao aapko khalna khilati hu.

Kaira : Sonu bhuki.

Naina : Haan pata hai mujhe chalo khilati hu.

Naira was sitting in her room with a blank expression. What happened that day was playing in front of her eyes. The past she was try to forget has come and stood in front of her. Tears come out unknown to her.

Naira : kyu aaye ho Kartik wapas se meri zindagi mein. Jab mushkil se tumhe bhulane ka faishla kiya tha jab hi tum kyu aaye. Pichale 2 saal se tumhara intezaar kiya hai maine par tab tum nahi aaye, toh ab kyu aaye oh?

She remembers the look in his eyes which once shone with love are now filled with anger and hatred for her. She remembers the day Swarna and the whole Goenka family humiliated her and threw her out of the house and every bit of these 2 years when she waited for him day and night. She wiped her tears and said with stern expression.

Naira : nahi ab aur nahi roungi main tumhare liye. Ab main tum mere liye koi maaene(important) nahi rakhte. Ab tumhare hone na hone se mujhe koi fharak nahi padata. (something strikes her mind) Par wo college mein aaya kaise? Naina se puchti hu.

She came out and was about to ask but keep mum after seeing the scene. Naina was sleeping on the couch with Kaira snuggling into her chest, both had a calm look on their faces. She thought to take kaira from her. When she tried to do so Naina tightened her grip around Kaira and furrows appeared on her face. She smiles at them and drops the idea. She brought a blanket and covered them. She kissed their forehead and went to have her lunch. She decided that after Naina woke up she would ask her about Kartik.

With Kartik.

After leaving the class and went to his car. He informed the Dean that he is not feeling well so he is going home. He said to his driver that he will drive the car so he should leave. Diver tried to protest but he was abandent. Kartik drowned at a bar near. he sat near the counter and ordered his drink. He kept on drinking. The voice of Naira was echoing in his ears, the look in her eyes was piercing his heart.

Kartik :(in a drunken voice) kyu... Naira kyu... kyu wapas aai ho tum meri zindagi mein. Aur aaj uski aankho mein dekh kar dil mein itna dard kyu ho raha tha? Jaise kisne sidha mere dil par var kiya ho. (to waiter) waiter repeat.