Chapter 13

Yane's POV

Now this was peculiar. I didn't remember dad buying a new bookshelf.

Luca stepped forward, asked me to help to move the bookshelf. I was wondering why, but soon it was revealed, it has a secret door, leading to a secret room, which I never knew existed.

We opened the door, surprised to see it unlocked.

"Yane, did you know about it?" Luca asks as we move inside the room.

"No!" I replied.

This was a huge room, looked like you might have seen in movies, no lighting at all, nothing came under, except the air that came with us.

This is still as organized as my father. Nothing was touched, but covered with dust all over.

There was this whiteboard hanging on the wall, something was written on it, but was unclear, most of it was cleared already.

We began searching, in hope of finding something.

Luca went to see all the corners and racks. I saw all the tables and drawers in it.

I opened the drawer, there were a few letters, "Luca!" I called him, "Look at this" I said.

He takes the letters from my hand and begins to read on of them,

"To our Lawyer" (Yeah! It was addressed to my father)

"I think you should be careful now, your phone has already been tracked

You are searched by them everywhere, it is better that you are in hiding

As of now, that's the best for you.

Update about these bastards is that, they have bribed media and nothing got out

I am really upset I can't help you and protest with you. It would good to win them over."

The rest was eaten my mouses.

There was no name as to who sent it.

What does it mean, "it is better that you are in hiding? " Luca asks me, as if I would know.

Before my reply he asked again,

"Let me ask you one thing, how did you live there when your whole family was here and that too in your teenage?"

I hesitated, I never told this before, only Lara knows it.

"Lara's father and my father were friends and they grew up together, so we did. I was twelve when I cried in front of my father to let me live there in the city. He denied at first. He took home here to be at peace. Finally, when I was thirteen, I was sent with Lara and I used to come home on vacations." I replied.

"So, are you sure you were not here in september 2015?" He narrowed his eyes and asked.

"Actually, I also thought when my mother called me urgently asked me to stay with them for a few weeks, so I was there in september." I replied.

"How did you survive when they all died?" He asked with hesitation this time.

I hesitated to answer as well, he is making me uncomfortable remembering my past. It hurts. But, I had to tell anyways,

"I was at home, and all of our househelp were given a holiday. It was my brother's high school graduation ceremony, and they went together leaving me because I was a little sick with the driver at home. They went to pick him up for the last time as a School student."