𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 1

Life is an ongoing cycle, at least until the world ends but for now, it just goes on and on. One day a new soul is born and another dies and it happens over and over. Death is never something anyone looks forward to unless you're suicidal, but other than that most of the human population would like to live as long as they can.

It's hard and emotional to have to tell a person that it's their time to go, that they need to leave the earth and enter the afterlife, and that they have to leave their friends and family. But for Seungmin he tries to avoid any of those feelings. Seungmin passed away at the age of 10 and has been an angel since. So at that age imagine having to go around to younger kids or adults to tell them that it was time for them to leave the earth and enter the afterlife. Seungmin still remembers bawling his eyes out at the ages of 10 to 12, but he told himself he'd have to get used to it, to be strong. Yes, he still felt sorry for those who had to pass away it's just that he wouldn't sit in their face literally sobbing before delivering the message. 

Seungmin is taken care of by his older brother, well someone who is an older brother. Kim Wonpil. If you saw the two you would think that they were actually related because of how much they look alike. Wonpil has taken care of Seungmin ever since he became an angel, he always had his back. 

Even though Seungmin technically passed away, he can live like normal humans and attend school. In middle school, he was bullied for how much he talked, and when he decided to just keep quiet they still picked on him. You can never win in life. Even with the bullying in middle school, he remained quiet and to himself to avoid getting attached to anyone in the human world, knowing how much it would affect him and his world above.

Sure getting attached or even falling for a human wasn't against the rules, not anyone can stop themselves from falling in love. It was the way that you handled it. You see, if you were to fall in love with a human as an angel you had two choices, ignore your feelings and watch your loved one from afar as they move on to someone else or you could be recreated but have no memory of your angel life or loved one as they chase you for your love back. The second option isn't always worth it. Many angels have turned back into humans for the person they thought was their true love but in reality, it was just a crush, a phase. The person an angel falls in love with always ends up leaving them heartbroken and in despair. Some angels were lucky enough to find their soulmate and true love. Some even got married, but chances are very low.

So Seungmin and Wonpil promised each other to never believe when a human tells them they love them or else they would forget each other forever, and that was the one thing Seungmin was afraid of happening when he attended his first day at his new school. Yeah, he has some crushes but he never risked anything for them. Wonpil warned him about the dangers of high school loves and "first times" as they would make you feel as if you've found the one. It almost happened to Wonpil so he doesn't want it happening to his little brother.

And now here Seungmin was, walking to school reciting every rule he and his brother made of for his high school experience.

1. Do not talk to anyone if not necessary.

2. Do not hold eye contact too long or it'll make a person seem like you are interested in them.

3. No parties (Wonpil made sure to put that one in every language an angel knew, which was all of them.)

4. No asking or helping someone reach a book, no carrying lunches, no study partners, no friend groups. (Those things Wonpil has experienced and that's what made him fall "in love".)

5. Do not draw attention to yourself.

6. If you start feeling emotionally attached tell me immediately and we will pull you out of the school. 

"Do not talk to anyone if not necessary. Do not hold eye contact too long or-" Seungmin was mumbling the rules to himself but suddenly felt something or someone push him forward. 

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to, I'm running really late!" The person who ran into him apologized while quickly going back to running to his destination.

"You could have said something idiot," Wonpil said to Seungmin through his mind.

Seungmin huffed and continued walking to the school, "You told me not to.." He whispered, directing his sentence to Wonpil.

"What's rule number one smarty?" Wonpil asked.

"Do not talk to anyone if not necessary." Seungmin said.

"Exactly if necessary. And whatever just happened was a situation where that rule applied. You scared the poor boy off." Wonpil sassed.

"Whatever." Seungmin rolled his eyes and made it to the school gate. "I'm going now."

"Good luck kid. If you fight anyone make sure they hit you first! Oh an-" Wonpil was cut off by Seungmin who tuned him out.

He took a deep breath, "I can and I will do it."

Only three things he had to do successfully; Catch evil spirits, deliver the news to the humans, and last but not least. 

And not fall in love.

I got a little excited so :)

-Meong