➙ two.

THE SECOND SHE stepped foot onto the grounds of Barcelona , Alessandra knew she belonged here.

it was very hot and she had regretted putting on the sweater. but in her defence , it was cold as hell in Germany.

she clutched her two rose gold suitcases in her hands with her purse on her shoulder. she let out a breath at the fresh air she was inhaling. the plane ride was exhausting and all she wanted right now , was a bed.

she walked into the airport , looking around the sea of people. her brown eyes looked curiously around until she heard a squeal.

her eyes caught a blonde running towards her and she broke out into a smile once she saw Penelope. "Ale!" her sister yelled and wrapped her arms around her little sister.

Alessandra wasted no time and hugged her sister back. it has been quite a while.

"Penny. i missed you" Alessandra spoke into the hug. "i missed you too, cupcake" Penelope replied.

she then pulled away and her eyes looked Alessandra up and down. "you're so beautiful. where did the years go?" Penny asked and Alessandra smiled but raised a brow.

"you're only two years older than me" the girl spoke and Penelope waved her off.  "the only thing i caught there , was older"

Penelope then took her little sister's suitcases and guided her outside of the airport towards her car.

"i've been waiting for you to arrive , you know?" Penelope started and opened the booth to put Alessandra's suitcases in.

"i can't wait to take you around the city and to the clubs — it's going to be so fun" the girl excitedly said and her sister gave her a look.

"do i have to remind you that i have to work?"

Penelope scoffed at her sister's words.

"fuck work. the least you can do , is relax for the following week before going in. it won't kill you" Penelope said and Alessandra sighed. there was no way you could win an argument with Penelope Schiller.

Alessandra got into the passenger seat of the car and immediately took her sweater off , leaving  her in a tank top. she let out a sigh and unclipped her claw clip , letting her curls fall on her back and over her shoulders.

"so many years and i still yearn for those pretty curls" Penny muttered and Alessanfra let out a chuckle.

her sister put on the air conditioner , immediately causing the brown haired girl to let out a sigh of relief.

"are you hungry? should we stop somewhere?" Penelope asked as she glanced at her younger sister.

Alessandra shook her head. "all i need , is a bed."

"your bed is all ready and waiting for you" Penelope spoke and smiled. Alessandra gave her sister a look. "you didn't have to , you know. i'm not staying there for long anyway"

Penelope waved her sister off. "shut up. you always do shit for me , let me return the favor. you're welcome to stay for as long as possible, Ale"

the girl smile at her sister. she truly missed her.

she didn't miss the music blasting from Penelope's room at 7 in the morning or the smell of burnt pancakes she made.

she definitely did not miss the way Penelope would steal her perfumes or rummage through her closet for any coats or heels.

but she missed her.

just Penelope's presence was enough for Alessandra.

Penelope was always the one she went to for fashion or boy advice. Penelope was the one she wen to if she wanted to watch an illegal car race. Penelope was the one she went to if she needed advice on sex or girl stuff.

she didn't know what she would do without her big sister.

Alessandra wouldn't say that outloud though , and definitely not to Penelope , seeing as it'll only make her ego grow.

but like Penelope is always there for her , she's also there for Penelope.

always the one who covered their tracks or took the blame. she would always be the one who took Penelope breakfast or a hangover kit whenever she drank too much. she was always the one who would pick Penelope up in the dead of night if she went to a party.

both of them were there for each other.

"are you excited for work?" Penny snapped her out of her trance. Alessandra licked her lips and turned her head towards her sister.

"very. i've been waiting for this moment forever" the brown haired girl spoke and Penelope snorted.

"i know. i remember you staying up all night with dad in his study , learning about those shit" she said and Alessandra let out a chuckle.

ever since she had learned about the work that their father did , she was interested. Mathieu had taken Alessandra to one of his investment companies in Germany and she was like a little kid in a candy shop.

she then decided that , that was what she wanted to do aswell. she studied for it at University and to say that Mathieu was proud , was an understatement.

he had an investment company in Spain as well and Alessandra saw it as a perfect opportunity. she get to travel and do her dream job.

it was a bonus for her.

the two sisters talked about stuff and Alessandra told her how it was back home , while Penelope told her how fun it was in Barcelona.

Penelope had made the decision to go to Barcelona to attend fashion school.

"i can't believe he took you and didn't take me." Penelope said with a scowl as Alessandra told her sister about her and their dad at the race track.

"it was an in the moment decision" Alessandra spoke.

soon enough , they arrived in the driveway of a beautiful house. it was very modern looking. "wow , you did well" Alessandra said and Penelope playfully rolled her eyes.

"this was all dad" the blonde spoke and they both excited the car.

Alessandra thanked Penny for getting the suitcases out and held onto them as they walked into the house.

Alessandra immediately felt the atmosphere. it was amazing, welcoming almost.

Penelope opened the door with the key and pushed the door open. Alessandra walked inside the house , noticing that the house looked quite bland.

no pictures were hung up, the walls looked bare and it felt quite empty.

but Alessandra knew that Penelope wasn't one for decorating so it wasn't that of a surprise.

"let me lead you up to your room" Penelope said and led Alessandra up to her room , which was two doors down from Penelope's room.

Alessandra wasn't surprised when she found the room as bland as the entire house , but she didn't mind.

she wasn't staying here long.

being grateful , she turned around and faced her sister , putting her purse in the bed. "thank you , Penny"

Penelope smiled at her. "of course. i'm just happy that you're here"

"i'll leave you to rest and take a nap , yeah? i'll wake you once it's dinner time" Penelope said and Alessandra gave her a grateful smile and nodded her head.

"trust me , Ale — once you see what Barcelona has to offer , you won't even think about leaving"

with that, Penelope left the girl's room and Alessandra just fell on the bed , closing her eyes and letting sleep fall over her.

————