Chapter 26

_ . _

Chapter 26

The Ayaia island was quieter than usual, with the waves slowly crashing through the sands on the shore and the newly built temple made with the remains of the deceased standing tall, mixing with the forest. The battle of truth has not ended yet, and the four sat quietly in the hall of the temple, waiting for the tension of the heavy atmosphere to subside.

"Please, tell me," Samael said in a low tone, his golden eyes remaining brave yet somehow pleading. "What I should do to stop this curse."

Circe stared at him intently; her eyes seemed to be hesitating as her mouth trembled a bit. Perhaps it's because of concern that Samael had to walk through a path full of thorns and darkness if he wished to stop Olympus' demise.

Erichthonius, on the other hand, stared at him unreadably, unable to determine what was going on inside his mind as he stared at Samael beside him. Aretha stood quiet as he sat on the chair on the dining table, wearing a small smile on her face.

When she first met Samael, a Gordon child of Poseidon who had lost his way in the midst of an ocean, accidentally discovering the secret passage to Ayaia in the dark ocean, she perceived him as a sad, lonely child.

His mother was villainized by the Gods of Olympus, seen as a warrior trophy, a monster that is impossible to kill, yet after his mother's death, he didn't feel any remorse, even when he faced the Gods and Poseidon, his father. He was an open book, but with blank pages. He was a complicated child.

As time passed, she witnessed Samael's growth as he came by the island every passing day. Perhaps because he felt isolated with the Prince and the Nymph daughters of his father, who looked at him with such contempt, he found himself hiding on Ayaia Island in order to feel at ease.

Aretha's smile turned genuine as she stared at Samael, her eyes glistening in adoration, looking proud of his development. When I saw him back then, he looked as if he didn't have a purpose to live. Now, Samael has something he thinks is worth fighting for. Samael... I'm so proud... and jealous...

Circe smiled sweetly in turn. She lifted the teacup and sipped a bit as she spoke, alone; "A person cannot be strong by just fighting battles alone, you can't gain strength only by having a second chance in life." Hearing her words, Samael looked at her in bewilderment as she continued, "A person can also gain strength when they have something to protect."

Hearing those words, Samael was speechless as he stared at Circe's proud gaze. "You've grown, child. I am glad that you have something to protect this time." It was like words of soothing melody yet embarrassing at the same time. Samael pouted his lips and scooted closer to the young king. He didn't know how to respond to that statement, so he hid in his husband's arms and averted their gaze, his sand-like skin flushed red in embarrassment.

"Pfft!" husband, His attention shifted to his husband who snickered, trying to hold back his laughter. Samael glared, and his hand bent down to pinch Erichthonius. The young king was frozen stiff, trying to endure the stinging pain as he shifted his gaze to Samael. "Why did you pinch me?" Erichthonius whispered to him.

"So, you're denying the fact that you're making fans of me, Erich?" Samael whispered back with a glare.

"I"...I wasn't," Erichthonius replied with a smile. "You were just so adorable, I couldn't contain my happiness."

This time, Samael punched him in the stomach. It's a good decision to let the young king accompany him. The priestess in his abode would look at him in such contempt, even when his words seemed offending when he was talking to Erichthonius. Now that the two of them are traveling, he won't have to think about his image. Well... It's not like he cared about his reputation, so...