Victims

No one pov
Deeks slipped in and out of consciousness. The time he spent awake was filled with pain as sidorov tried everything in his power to get the truth out of him.
At least, whilst he slept, his dreams were filled with Kensi.
Her face, her voice, her smile. They gave him the strength to keep going.

He had no idea how long he'd been there anymore, one seems to lose track of time when all brain power is devoted to not screaming.
He fought.
Fought against the cries that rose in his throat, that slipped out with labored breaths. He didn't want to give that bastard the satisfaction of hearing him scream. (Not that Deeks was especially known for getting what he wanted.)
It felt like days as every second of pain stretched into minutes and hours.
He knew he must have been asleep when he saw Kensi crouch down in front of him and she gripped his hands between hers. Another dream, maybe Sidorov had pushed him to delusions.
It must be.

Deeks pov
It was actually her. She was here, crouching before me as I regained a slight bit of consciousness.
"Deeks?" She whispered as I stirred and slowly began to regain my surroundings.
"Kensi? Is it you?" I murmured around broken teeth, my lips stained red with my own blood.
"Of course it is" she whispered back. She gave me a small smile but her eyes were pained.
I lent forward, trying to pull my hands free. "You've gotta get me out of here Kens!" I said as I tried again to release myself.
Her face dropped and her eyes glinted with the telltale sign of tears that she would not allow to show.
"I can't Deeks." She muttered, her eyes anywhere but my face. "I can't."

Kensi pov

I saw his face fall. Disappointment. Confusion. A hint of betrayal.
"What do you mean?" His voice cracked, and something in my chest cracked with it. "You've gotta get me out of here kens, please! It's really bad!"
He said, talking fast, still not entirely there, as his own eyes filled with tears. I watched as he blinked them back, his hands shaking beneath mine.
It hurt me to see him like this, scared and lost. He already seemed hollow, a shell of my partner, of the Deeks that kissed me this morning. As if Sidorov had stolen something from him in those dark hours.

I explained the plan to him, it seemed to calm him down. To have a mission, to imagine that this is just another day in the office. That we'll go home like normal at the end of the day.
I saw him struggle to hold it together as I walked away from him. The second time that day I'd turned my back on my partner.
I wiped the trace of tears from my eyes and got out before sidorov returned.

I spent the next half an hour terrified. Just waiting for something to go wrong, for the plan to fall apart. I held my breath when the hollow crack of gunfire rang out from inside the building, and I didn't let it go until I watched Michelle and sidorov walk out.

I ran like hell to help Deeks. Didn't really think, I just moved. I barely felt the heavy thud of my knees hitting the floor as I dropped before him and started attacking his restraints with my knife.
I stayed with him for as long as I could. I didn't know what I would have done if something had happened to him, or Sam. Over the years Deeks had become like my rock, the one constant in my life when practically everything else had gone to hell. No matter how screwed up my life became, I always knew that me and Deeks would never change. And now, as I stood by him in the hospital, my heart broke as he wouldn't look me in the eyes. Just like I couldn't look him in the eyes on the hill earlier.
Touché huh?
I could just imagine Deeks saying it as I was pulled away.