Part 1

The Yunmang Jiang Sect shimmered with an almost unreal beauty today. The bright red lanterns, strung like fireflies across the courtyard, cast a warm glow on everything. The air hummed with the buzz of excited whispers and the clinking of teacups. It was Jiang Yanli's wedding day, a day that should have been filled with joy, but a knot of anxiety tightened in her chest.

The weight of her crimson silk dress felt heavy, almost suffocating. Her fingers, slick with nervous sweat, clutched the edge of the embroidered veil. As she stood before the altar, her reflection in the polished jade mirror mocked her. She was beautiful, yes, but her eyes, hidden beneath the veil, betrayed her. They held a silent terror.

The ceremony ended in a blur of bows and greetings. As they journeyed back to the Lan clan, the cheerful chatter around her felt distant, like an echo in a cavern. She was trapped in a gilded cage of her own making, her heart pounding with each step.

The meticulously decorated wedding chamber, Jingshi, felt cold and empty. The scent of sandalwood incense, meant to be comforting, only heightened the tension. A lone tear escaped her eye and traced a shimmering trail down her cheek. She was not afraid of the marriage itself she loved Lan Wangji - but of the secret she carried, the truth that threatened to shatter this carefully constructed facade. She wanted to tell him, to tell everyone, but she wasn't ready. Not like this.

The distinctive click of his footsteps echoed in the chamber, sending her pulse racing. She closed her eyes, trying to quell the storm of emotions churning within her. She had faced worse, she told herself, repeating the mantra like a lifeline. Whatever was to come, she would face it. She had no choice.

He opened the door.

Hello everyone, hope you enjoyed reading this part, if so please tell me in a comment box.