# Chapter Two

Jason stormed into the new ‘blue cafe’ Roy hurried after him

Jason stormed into the new ‘blue cafe’ Roy hurried after him. They waited in line and the anger radiated from Jason. Roy only grabbed his boyfriend's hand, and lend into him. Jason sighed and squeezed Roys hand. “I'm sorry”. He mumbled into the younger boy's hair. They had nearly made it to the front of the line, 

“It's ok.” Roy whispered back. His eyes skimmed along the cabinets of food, all varying shades of blue. He arched his eyebrow. Why all the blue? Now at the front of the line the couple began to order. Momentarily questioning why the baristas working were so young. Jason recognised one of them as a homeless boy he would help as Red Hood. 

They had heard that a woman with dark black hair and green eyes had offered the homeless youth jobs and shelter. As much as he wished someone like that was around, he was apprehensive at best. He had tried to get a name from another kid but he refused to tell him. Claiming that she was kind and nothing to worry about. He had gathered that while she didnt want to be credited for her work, she wasn't just someone sitting in a chair giving orders. 

Walking to an empty table to wait for their coffee the two started to talk. “Do you think he'll do it again?” Roy questioned, not looking Jason in the eye. Jason stared into his coffee. That was enough for Roy. Jason thought Bruce would do it again. 

The bell rang signalling someone had entered the cafe. Roys eyes drifted over to the young woman who had entered. She was holding a baby, and was followed by a young man dressed head to toe in black, holding his hand was a man with bright blond hair, he donned an orange shirt and blue jeans. As the family? Roy presumed they were a family, walked up to the front he noticed the baristas stop what they were doing to greet her. He looked back to Jason and sighed. “If it happens again well step in. he never did it with Dick and he only did it to Tim twice” 

“Yeah, but when he did it to Tim he ended up in hospital for six weeks with 3 broken ribs and a black eye.” Jason looked at Roy, a pained look in his eyes. “And the times he beat me…” he trailed off. Roy knew what it was like for Jason to grow up with Bruce, he didn't need to explain. The couple signalled the waitress, indicating they wanted more coffee. The waitress gave them a finger up to indicate she would just take a minute.  Jason opened his mouth to continue talking, only to be cut off by a bang from the table behind him. He and Roy looked over to see the woman and kids that had entered the cafe moments before. 

The woman looked both mad and pained. “I told you Will” she spat out the words. “I am not going back there. They made their bed, now they need to lay in it." She picked up the girl and went to leave. 

“Percy!” The waitress called out. Percy turned to face the waitress, swaying slightly with the baby on her hip. Percy tilted her head to the side in question. “Do we still have training tonight?” Jason looked to Roy, his eyebrow arched. 

“Yes” she spoke softly, nodding. “Same time as normal.” she continued. The waitress nodded, handing Percy a coffee to go. 

Roy and Jason looked at one another. Who was this percy?

- 600 Words -