Chapter 6 ( Not really a date)

She yawned as the shrill sound of her phone woke her up, she squinted her eyes to look at the caller only to realize that it was her new guy friend Akeem, she raised her hand to pick the call but it stopped ringing, she checked her surrounding only to realize that she was the only one inside, she picked up her phone to check the time and she discovered that it was around 10:30pm, where are they she pondered?, She glanced through the window and then saw that outside was bubbling with different fun activities.

Funmi then realized that this was her new life and she have to get use to it, because on a normal day at home she will be curled under her blanket by now, just then, her telephone rang again and she picked up this time around, the husky sound of Akeem's voice sounded through the phone, they conversed for some time before he asked that they hang out, hang out by this time?! Funmi was suprised but she was cut off by Akeem's laughter telling her that she is now in uni, after some minutes he was able to persuade her after several pleading.

Funmi put on her slippers and then walked towards the gate, she was suprised to see him at their gate, he then explained that he had gotten to their gate before calling her, Akeem told her that there a popular restaurant for students "Chill bay" where students relax after a stressful day of lecture, they both walked side by side and Akeem was thinking about things that he wants to do to his babe, he shook his head as he knocked himself internally, Funmi on the other hand was scared and asking herself different questions on why she had agreed to come with this stranger beside her, she on the other hand was beating herself internally.

Akeem cleared his throat, scratched the back of his head, as he was a bit shy, so he started by asking about her age, her family background, he wanted to know everything about this damsel beside him, and by the time they went deep into the Convo, they didn't realize that they've reached their destination. Akeem acted like any gentleman would do, as he held the door for Funmi to enter, as she entered all eyes were on her mostly guys,as she was a very hot girl, she almost tripped as she felt like the ground should open and swallow her up, she thought it was her dressing, as she couldn't afford expensive items like the people sitting around, her new friend led her to their booth and the waiter came to take their order, as a well cultured lady, she ordered the least expensive food on the menu list, while the waiter went to get their food, they resumed their Convo, they both discovered they had a lot of things in common, they both love the colour blue, they both hate spicy food, just then the waiter brought their food.

While eating a lady barged into the restaurant and walked briskly towards Funmi's booth, immediately she got there without greeting or explanation she gave Funmi a hot slap on her face, and started calling her all all sorts of names, she was suprised as she haven't come across this pretty lady before, it was when the lady started crying at Akeem that she realized that she was his girlfriend,Funmi stood up and left the scene as she was very embarassed, it was not until she got outside that she let the tears drop freely, and she started blaming herself for being stupid, as she was already starting to fall for this her new guy friend, she was lost as she was a new comer, she immediately put a call to her friend Fisayo,who didn't waste time before coming to pick her up.

As soon as she got to her hostel, she immediately went to her bedspace, and faced the wall, her roommates understood what had happened when they saw her tearstained face,she lied down and face off and then she eventually slept off with different thoughts running through her mind.

Stay tuned for the next chapter..

And what do you guys think of Akeem???.