Dinner Date

"Skeppy, stay." Bad scolded his husband like he was a dog. He was holding Skeppy's arm while on the phone. Making sure he didn't try to run to Haniya. It was safer if they all just stayed where they were.

"Bad, the baby!" Skeppy cried.

"Shh, if we make contact with whoever is in the house, there's a higher chance we'll get hurt."

"Bad, I don't care. I'm going to get Haniya."

"No." Bad yanked him back. "They are on their way, be quiet."

"No, no!" Skeppy pulled away and leapt out of the room before Bad could grab him again. "Skeppy!" Bad did not chase him. Instead he opened the closet and started shakily putting in the code for the gun case.

Skeppy screamed.

Bad hissed and pulled out the gun. He had it for these situations, but never planned on using it. He opened the door and ran quickly into the nursery. There was no sign of anyone uninvited upstairs. "What? What's wrong?"

Skeppy held the crying baby to his chest. He didn't say anything.

"Skeppy, what?" Bad walked over and tried to pry Hani from his chest, but he couldn't. "Baby, are you okay? You're scaring me." Bad set the gun down on the changing table and used both arms to pry Hani from Skeppy. Skeppy's arms went limp and he stared at Bad.

Bad started checking Haniya over. There were no signs of injury. "S-she's okay...Skeppy, breathe." Bad was still a hypocrite. He was hyperventilating too.

"L-look." Skeppy pointed to the window.

"Crap..." Bad hissed. The window was opened, they didn't open it. He looked out frantically, but no sign of anyone. "No one would jump from the second floor and be able to run..." Bad gulped. "But if they did..."

"Fuck..." Skeppy hugged Bad, trying to sandwich Haniya in safety. "What is going on? Who would break in?!"

"Skeppy, this has to be related to Disfruta. I didn't think anything of them posting our house because it's a popular neighborhood...but now someone's breaking in? This is not okay."

"I don't know, I don't know." Skeppy repeated and tried to get closer to Bad without hurting Hani. "Just hold us, I'm fucking scared."

"S'okay. I think the alarm scared them off." Bad told him. The alarm in question was still blaring. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, it's okay."

🚓🚓🚓

Unfortunately after the police came, and after a clear tarp was over the window, they did not feel any better.

"Are you sure they got all the glass?" Skeppy looked around. He was worried Haniya would get cut later while playing.

"It's all gone, that's not the biggest concern anyway." Bad rubbed his forehead. "What the hell do we do now? They found nothing."

Skeppy sat on the couch with Haniya, who had went to sleep somehow. "We need cameras, Bad. What were we thinking? Living in a nice house without security cameras everywhere."

"The alarm system on the door has a camera."

"Was it on?"

"No..." Bad sighed.

Skeppy nuzzled into his sleeping daughter. "I want cameras."

Bad sat on the couch and slipped an arm around Skeppy. The act seemed a little pointless. An arm around you doesn't make you feel safe when an unknown intruder has been in your house. "How many cameras?"