Treasonable Understanding.

The brown hedgehog awakes sitting at a desk. She groggily stretches and tightens the black cloth that wraps around her quills into a neater ponytail. Dani looks over to where she hears Rouge and Shadow talk only to be distracted by the very big portrait of Princess Elise The Third. It hangs on the wall alone near their computer monitor. The brown hedgehog walks up to it with a pensive expression.

"Well look who's finally awake. And here I thought you'd never wake up!" Rouge sassily says putting a hand on Dani's shoulder.

Dani flinches a bit at Rouges touch and backs up a bit. "Where is the scepter? Not shattered, right?"

Rouge waves the scepter in front of Dani. However Dani doesn't take it. She just breathes a soft sigh of relief. Rouge seems surprised Dani didn't lunge at her.

"Huh? For a guardian you sure don't seem to mind this precious thing in the hands of someone you barely know." Rouge comments.

Dani looks back at the painting. " I just dont want it to be shattered. That's all. If I tried grabbing it from you, it could end up falling and shattering. As a guardian, my job is to ensure it doesn't shatter or be in the hands of someone who plans on misusing it."

'That and also becuase I don't have enough energy to fight you and that red eyed hedgehog who clearly-' Dani's thoughts are interupted.

Shadow had been studying a dot on the monitor seemingly on what would be the fastest route to get somewhere before turning to the two. He looks at Dani with distrust.

'Dude can't read minds can he? That would suck if someone would. I feel a tad uneasy around this hedgehog... Why does he feel familiar?...' The brown hedgehogs own ears lower a bit in defense of his glare.

"Who are you? I don't see you on any record in our data bases Rouge had given." Shadow looks up and down Dani and scoffs. "You claim to be a guardian of the scepter Rouge holds, however I see no records of the scepter in the past decade."

'I guess my presence was kept a secret to only those of Castle Town and the ministry. Makes sense since they were going to sacrifice me anyways...' The brown hedgehog thinks.

She gives a sad expression before hiding it. "Well if you want to know, I was found in the jungle ruins by the Soleanna Guards. I was unconscious and when I woke up I had no memories of who I was or where I came from. My abilities became useful to the counsel and I was forced to become the guardian of the scepter of darkness... to take an oathe to not shatter the scepter and to ensure it doesn't belong in the wrong hands."

"That still doesn't explain how there is no record of you." Shadow turns to Rouge as Dani frowns at his response. "I figured a faster way to the randevous point. With the telepotation mirrors we should get there quicker. " Shadow seems to want to get the mission over with.

"We still have lots of time ahead of us before then. When's the last time you've ate something?" Rouge asks Shadow in concern.

"I'm the ultimate lifeform Rouge, I can go another day without food." Shadow retorts. "We don't even know if there's a local place that allows us in."

Dani perks up at this. "Oh! I know a good place where we can have breakfast. I can even show you around Castle Town if you'd like. They even allow Mobians, Mobini's and Chao to eat. They have little pastries and tables outside and it's a nice quiet place when you wanna get away from everything."

Rouge smirks and puts a hand on her hip. "Well now, can't say no to that."

Shadow hides his expression. "Fine. We need to discuss what we should do with her anyways."

Dani frowns. "Oh, but I don't have money though...heh."

Shadow gives a neutral look. "Rouge will be paying my side anyways."