21. Loyalty Of A Pogue

Spy Games 4.04

He is always there for her, and she can't be there for him when he needs it the most because he pushed her away.

           It doesn't take JJ and Casey long to get over to Heyward's. They know, since the last twenty four hours have been chaotic, Pope and Kiara need to keep themselves out of trouble, just in case either family has heard of what has gone on with the Kooks. So, making sure they stay on their parents' good side, they will most likely be at the shop, rather than hanging out at Pope's house. And, as the two begin walking down the driveway of the shop, they know their suspicions are correct. They can hear Pope talking with a customer through the open window. As Casey climbs the stairs and opens the door, refusing to let go of JJ's hand until they are inside, she smiles at her friends by the counter. "Hey, guys!"

          "Hey." Kiara smiles as she finishes her transaction with a customer. She quickly makes her way toward the two, and wraps her arms around Casey. At first, it catches the Routledge girl off guard, but she ignores it, and keeps herself from grunting as she returns the hug. "You guys doing okay?"

          Casey smiles as they separate. She knows how much Kiara worries. About her, about JJ, hell about everyone, especially if it involves Rafe. She must have been losing her mind after she dropped them off, not knowing if Luke was home. But, unknown to her, Casey is feeling better than anyone could have expected. She is beyond happy after last night. "Yeah, Kiki. I'm okay." Casey can't help but look around at her friends and the satisfied feeling begins to fade away and in its place, emptiness. They are missing something. More specifically, someone. "Have you heard from John B today?"

         "Uh, no." It takes Kiara a moment to realize no one has seen, or heard, from him since yesterday morning. John B is known for going MIA for a few hours, but not for this long. This is getting close to worrisome territory. He has never gone an extended period of time without talking to Casey. Hell, if JJ, or Pope haven't heard from him in a day or two, Casey always has. She always knows where, or what, he is doing. Hell, most of the time she is with him. "I thought he would have found you by now." She questions. As soon as the words leave her mouth, she knows she needs to be optimistic for Casey. Thinking, as well as saying negative thoughts, are not helping the panic growing in her eyes. "Hey, he's probably off doing some stupid shit. You know how your brother is. Don't worry about it. If we don't hear from him by the end of the day, we go look for him."

          "Okay." Casey nods and looks around the room. She can't help but smile when her eyes find JJ and Pope by the other side of the long counter, mumbling between each other. She tilts her head, wondering what they are saying because most likely, they are talking about something stupid. In the back of her mind, she knows there is a possibility JJ is telling Pope about what happened last night, after they were dropped off, since that is all boys ever seem to want to talk about. But, a part of her feels that JJ vocalizing something so personal, and private, even to the Pogues, is wrong. At the end of the day, if that is what he is doing, she can turn around and tell Kiara everything. And everyone knows, Kiara is the master of teasing, meaning JJ will never hear the end of it. "So," She starts, choosing to start a conversation instead of standing here, awkwardly. It is definitely not silent, since the shop is full of people, but she needs to start talking about something before her mind drifts back to John B. "What are y'all up to this fine morning?"

          "Helping Heyward out a little." Kiara laughs and jumps up to sit on the counter. Casey, loving that they have full reign of the shop, even though Heyward is probably outside, jumps up as well and starts dangling her feet over the edge. "Figure I'd tag along with Pope, since I had no idea what you and dumb ass over there were up to this morning."