Chapter 27

_ . _

Chapter 27

(A/N: KEKEKEKE!)

As the moonlight shone to the humble abode of the two controversial couples, the priestesses were being as silent as they could as to not disturb the peace of the lord and his highness' rest in their chambers. Some of them were right outside the garden, where they were sitting on the plains of the grass, doing their embroidery to mend the scratches and holes on some of their clothes.

"Why are you all sewing those rags?" An older priestess asked with a raised brow. "Didn't the Lord provide you with a new and proper one?"

The priestesses in the garden giggled, and one of them replied, "It's such a waste to throw a fabric like this. Isn't it better to transform this garment into a masterpiece?"

The older priestess replied, "Well, you can just ask the Lord for a better one to wear."

One of the young priestesses couldn't take it anymore and spoke, "Do you not realize how thick-faced you are?"

The older priestess shifted her gaze to the priestess who spoke and glowered at her in disbelief as she spoke with a tone of warning. "What did you say to me?"

"I said it," the young priestess replied. "You are so thick-faced."

"How dare you speak like that to me?" The older priestess exclaimed with a swiftness of her hand.

"You should be ashamed of yourself," the young priestess replied, her eyes glaring at her. "If our Lord hears about this, I wonder if you'll step foot on the sacred grounds of Olympus once again."

"What?!" the older priestess laughed in disbelief. "Are you all crazy? Why are you siding with that Gordon? Didn't I tell you that he's just a slave wife of his majesty and Goddess Athena's prisoner?!"

"You should start facing reality now," one of the priestesses said as she stood up with a frown on her face. "Goddess Athena supports the relationship of the two, and she also summoned the two of them to her temple not too long ago. We can't be sure that Lord Samael is really a slave wife of his majesty."

"Y-you!" The older priestess was speechless as she wandered her eyes on the young priestesses who were looking at her with such contempt. "Fine! Have it your way!"

As they watched the older priestess walk out of the garden back to the abode's lodging, the young priestesses heaved a heavy breath as they sat back down in the garden. Thankfully, the lights coming from the lantern lit up the garden on the abode, so it was comfortable to do embroidery, especially when the plains are surrounded by a swarm of glowing fireflies. I brought quiet and peace to the young priestesses, who were focused on their own tasks.

"Waahh! That old woman is really hard to deal with!" One of the young priestesses complained as they sat back on the grass.

"I really didn't like her terrible attitude even back then. I would've badmouthed her earlier if not for her position given by Head Priestess Yretha."

"She even brainwashed us on the fact that we had to look down on Lord Samael just because he's a Gordon child!"

"Goodness! Really, how terrible!"