The Truth Settles

As soon as the words fly out of my mouth, I regret saying something. My eyes follow every move that Margaret makes after my truth hits her ears. First she is so shocked that her body is still. Her hand still rests on my thigh, her small and pink push-up bra, still clearly visable. She looks beautiful. As soon as the truth settles in she grabs her shirt and puts it on as fast as she can. She starts walking toward my door, not saying a word. Reaching out to turn the door knob, she spins around so that we can make eye contact again. I slowly put my shirt on.

"Why the fuck...I thought you were a good person. Why does every single person have evil in them, Collin?" She says, dropping down to her knees and throwing her head into her hands. She sobs loudly, and I close my windows to make sure no one can hear, no suspision. When she finally releases her head from the tight grip of her fingers, I see her face. Red, wet, it is everything that I never wanted to see all in one.

"I don't know." I get off my bed and walk towards the spot on the floor that she has occupied. I kneel down to give her company and she snaps, pushing me away and standing up.

"I have to tell someone, I have to tell someone. Who do I tell? The police?" She says with anxiety filling her lungs. She is not taunting me, I know she doesn't want to hurt me. "I have to tell!" She screams suddenly.

Thats when I lunge forward.