At My House

My parents don't even turn their heads when I walk through the door with Margret, they don't say hello or wave or anything.  They despise of me now, and I can't say I blame them.  I'm a shit son, if I was a parent to a kid like me, I'd hate him too.  Most kids have parents who would say, "Hey, no girls in your room!" as they made their way up the stairs.  And they'd reply with something like "I hate you!"  I, honestly, wish my mom or dad would have stopped me and Margaret from going up stairs and into my room, it would have showed me that they still cared.  "Your parents seem...nice."  Margaret says as she takes a seat on my bed.  "You don't have to lie to me, Margey.  They hate me."  I say.  They only hate me because my name was brought up in the suicide note, even though I assume Ariella never mentioned exactly what happened, and I thank her for that.  She probably knew somewhere deep in her heart that exposing my secrets would kill me, leave me in jail to rot and leave me hated by the entire town.  Ariella was always a good person.  "It's been a while since I've been up here."  Margaret says as I take a seat next to her and grab a beer from behind my bed.  "Yeah...remember when we ditched school to come up here and drink beer all day?"  I said, she laughed.  "Yeah, I do.  I thought you were going to take my virginity that day."  Margaret says letting an awkward silence fill the room.  "You're a virgin?"  I asked.  "Yes, I fell in love with you on our first date.  Our first date out of only the five short dates we spent together, unless you'd consider the time we snuck up to your room."  I sipped my beer and kept quiet for a few seconds, I could feel her looking at me.

"What did you do to her?"  I asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know, man.  Nothing that I thought could result in her killing herself.  I guess I kind of cyberbullied her.  I think Jessica bullied her during the day and then she came home to me.  I don't even know why I did it, I just liked drama.  I love drama.  And I didn't like Ariella.  She was so fucking stupid in Math class it pissed me off, so I would leave her comments on her pages.  I don't remember what I said exactly, just calling her a dumb ass and ugly.  Then, other people jumped on the new trend of bullying Ariella White.  Well, what did you do?"  Margaret asks while turning towards me, I could see small clear tears beginning to form on the corner of her eye.

"I loved her."  I said.  It was true, it is true.  I love Ariella White. I loved her since she first gave me a crooked smile and said hi nervously.  "We...um...one day while studying...we kissed."  I said, which was also true.  "And she told me she didn't like me anymore.  Um, I kissed her, she didn't-she didn't kiss me.  And she just said 'I don't like you like that'."  That was a lie, one of the biggest and phoniest lies that I've ever told.  But the truth would cost me everything.  "So, we stopped talking after that.  She began to fade away, I became friends with other girls, she was probably a little jealous.  I also started dating you.  Maybe she was just sad we were never friends and in the suicide note she said she wished we had been, or stayed, closer."  I said, finishing the deciet.

"Oh, I see.  Why did you break up with me?"

"I loved Ariella.  Honestly, Margaret, I only started dating you so I could possibly fall for someone else and feel better.  But I didn't fall for you and I couldn't fall for you.  I loved Ariella.  I was going to tell her that, but 3 weeks later...she died.  You know what, I don't even think she mentioned me in that note!"

"What?"

"Yeah!  There's no proof."

"I have an idea, lets sneak into their house tomorrow when they go out, and they are almost never at home, because it reminds them of her."

"That's crazy, I don't want to be in more trouble than I already am." I say.

 "Please!  Let's find Ariella's diary and see what she thought, maybe we didn't even hurt her."