chapter 13

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating. My old acc got its access restricted- My fault- I used my school email--- whoooops- anyways.. I was going to abandon my stories bc i was only using wattpad at this point to talk to someone i can't visit, but now they're gone soo i have nothing else to do and I know the pain of leaving someone on a "to be continued.. Updated FOREVER AGO" so here we are.

-One week later-

This past week has been HORRIBLE! Every day I tried to go visit Gerard, but would only get the countdown of days until I could visit him from the stupid receptionist. But today was the day I'd finally get to visit him. I was scared to see what they had done to him. 

I walked over to the "Behavioral Healthcare" center, it was misting outside and it was around 45 degrees, so I just bundled up in a jacket and Gerard's striped scarf. I walked in and the lady looked at me. "Welcome back, ma'am. Today's the day!" She said with fake enthusiasm. I nodded, "Just take me to him."

I followed one of the nurses as security guards followed close behind, Gerard had tried escaping but they caught him every time. It was a maximum security place. When we arrived at Gerard's room, his door had padlocks on it with a clipboard on the door saying, "TAKE CAUTION: PATIENT IS VIOLENT. PRESS BLUE BUTTON IF BACKUP IS REQUIRED." She took a moment or two to unlock the door, it was agony. 

Finally, the door opened and there was Gerard, sitting on the floor in the middle of the room with a straight jacket on, and bright pink grip socks. His ankles were handcuffed together. "Good morning, Gerard!" The nurse said. "Good morning, Olivia," Gerard replied calmly, not looking up from the ground. "You have a visitor today.." She said in anticipation. 

Gerard slowly looked up and made eye contact with me. He began to shake as if he was trying to move, and the shaking turned into flailing. Nurse Olivia rushed over to his side and put her hand on his shoulder, "Gerard, calm down. It's okay! Now look, I will take off your straight jacket and handcuffs if you can calm down." She said, and within an instant of her saying this, the movement stopped. 

She took off his jacket and cuffs and slowly helped him stand up, I watched quietly and impatiently. She helped him to his feet and slowly walked him to me. We stood in front of each other and made eye contact for a second, then, Gerard pulled me into a tight hug. I missed this feeling more than anything in the world. "Y/N.." He mumbled. 

"Gerard.. are you okay? What have they done to you..?" I asked quietly. He shook softly, "Tell them to leave.. Then I'll tell you." He whispered. I turned back and looked at the nurse and security guard. "Do you mind if we have some privacy?" I asked.