Chapter 5

I rode to the hospital in the ambulance, next to an unconscious Landon. The medics told me they didn't exactly know what extent his injuries were but they knew they were pretty bad. I waited in the hospital's foyer while the doctors examined and began to treat him.

"Excuse me miss," a man dressed in scrubs said. "Are you with Landon Everett?"

"Yes I am. How is he doing?"

"Well he's certainly been through a lot." He went on, telling me all the technical things that happened to Landon. None of which I understood.

"So in simple terms, what happened?"

"Well, Landon has swelling in his skull, and his optical nerves are possibly shot.. He may be blind from now on. We'll be able find out what exactly will be his future once the swelling goes down. He might have some memory loss or personality changes too. We just can't know as of now." He looked at me with pity and sorrow, "We've also had to put him into a medically induced coma."

The doctor looking man walked away to let me process what I had been told. He's in a coma? Landon could possibly be blind? His skull has swelling? Would he be the same as before? Would he still remember me?

-------------

Landon's family was called when Landon and I arrived at the hospital, and eventually they arrived.

"Oh Aria!" Teresa, Landon's mom exclaimed as the rest of Landon's family walked down the long hospital halls.

"You guys are finally here!" I cried with tears flowing down my face.

I hugged Teresa and then Dave- Landon's dad. They all looked worried sick, and they had a justifiable reason to.

"How is he doing by now?" Dave asked.

"The doctor or someone who was involved, came out and told me, but I think it would be better if you could just heard it from them. If I told you I would get everything mixed up."

With perfect timing, a different man walked up to our group, I expected to deliver us with more news about Landon.

"Excuse me, " The man dressed in scrubs said. "Are you all with Landon Everett?"

"Yes, we're his family. How is he doing?" Teresa spoke for us.

"Well he's been through a lot." He went on, telling us all the technical things that happened to Landon. None of which I understood for the second time.

"So in simple terms, what happened?" I asked once again.

"Well, Landon has quite a bit of swelling in his skull, and his optical nerves are most likely being crushed from the swelling. He may be blind from now on." He paused when Teresa turned to cry on Dave's shoulder, "We'll be able find out what exactly will be his future once the swelling goes down. He might have some memory loss or personality changes too. We just can't know as of now." He looked at me with pity and sorrow, "We've also had to put him into a medically induced coma. He's going to need a lot of support while he's recovering. Try not to change your life style, it'll be hard enough for him to accept everything that's already changed with him."

Dave was the strongest of the group, and remained with the most composure. "How long does Landon have to stay in the coma?" His voice breaking.

"The longest could be around two weeks. The swelling just has to go down, and then he will be able to pull out of it. He shouldn't pull out of it for a couple days though. his body could go into shock if he woke up any earlier than that . He replied.

"Thank you. Do you know when we can see him?" Dave asked.

"He is ready any time you are, but he'll be most likely unresponsive. It will be hard on you guys to see him that way. Just remember he will get better."

The man told us which room was his, and left our small group. We found the room and I let Teresa and Dave head in first. I felt they needed to have time in there alone with him before I did.

I wasn't sure if I was ready to see him. I was around when the accident happened, but I wasn't when he had all the monitors and machines hooked up to him. I hadn't known what the extent of the accident.

After a few minutes, a tear stained Dave and Teresa opened the door and invited me in. I felt if went in alone, I might not have been able to handle everything.

I walked in and to my surprise, he looked better than I had expected. He was laying down in a hospital bed, with the lights dim. There were machines hooked up to him and he had oxygen tubes leading to his nose. His arm was already in a cast, being broken in three places.

Dave and Teresa snuck out and left me with Landon. I sat next to his bed and held his hand and bawled. After almost a half an hour, I was still holding his hand.

I was getting ready to leave when I felt his hand move on its own. He was waking up. That wasn't supposed to happen.

------------

What do you think? Like then new cover?

Next Update: 60 reads and 10 comments(:

Teaser: He wakes up! (: