Chapter 15

I laid in my purple bedspread, trying to fall asleep, but my phone would not stop buzzing. Landon had texted me since I left his house this evening, hours earlier. I tried to ignore the sound of my phone until I slowly fell asleep.

            The next morning, my phone woke me up with a text from Landon.

                        “Good morning beautiful. I have a surprise for you.”

            In my sleepy stupor, I didn’t even bother trying to guess what it was.

                        “What is it? Good morning to you too.” I replied.

            I decided that I wouldn’t be able to sleep any later, so I got out of my comfortable  bed. I quickly showered and tried to be done before he replied.

            It didn’t work.

                        “I have a really exciting date planned for us; you need to be to my front door by 8:45.”

            At 8:30, I realized I didn’t have much time until I had to be leaving.

                        “Should I eat before or..?” I asked, wanting to know whether I needed to stuff my face with some food before I left.

                        “I think you definitely will not want food before. It might ruin the whole plan. And you would regret it.  Are you ready? We can go earlier.”

                        ”I’ll just come over now if that’s okay with you.” I might as well just get the date started now.

                        I sat in my vanity’s chair and looked into the mirror. I could still feel the butterflies in my stomach just from thinking about the fact that I had a date with Landon. I put on a light amount of eyeliner, foundation, and lipstick. While I waited for my eyeliner to dry, I looked at my phone to see if he had replied. He hadn’t. I found my mascara, and started to put it on, when my phone notified me of my text from Landon. In the process, I had dragged my mascara wand across my face.

                        “Sure! We can just get started earlier. See you when you get here.” The butterflies got worse when I read the words on my phone.

                        “I’ll be there in a minute. I just jumped and ruined all of my makeup, so it’ll be a few minutes.”

            I hurried and re-did my makeup. I walked out the door without getting caught by my parents. They usually didn’t care if I was hanging out with Landon, which was really nice.

            I walked across the lawn and rang the doorbell. Teresa answered the door and enveloped me with a hug. Her house always smelled so good and today it smelled like cinnamon rolls. I wasn’t going to object if I had to eat one.

            “Landon’s in the entertainment room. Go ahead in and I’ll bring in the food.” Teresa chimed when our hug ended.

            “Okay, do you want any help?” I offered.

            “No, you go have fun. He really wants to see you.”

            “If you’re sure.. Thanks!” I beamed as I started walking into the tv room.

            I heard him walking from the hallway. I noticed he didn’t have his cane or anything helping him walk. He also wasn’t wearing his glasses. Did he still need them? I smiled and stepped into the room. He noticed right away and smiled when he saw me.

            “I thought you were never going to come!” He laughed as he walked over to me.

            “Well, if you hadn’t texted me at that moment, I wouldn’t have had to redo my makeup!” I giggled as we hugged each other.

            “You look great today, by the way.” He said as I took a seat on his couch.

            “How come you aren’t wearing the glasses?” I asked. “Do you still need them?” I asked excitedly.

            “That’s my surprise. I don’t need them anymore! I only have to wear them at night now.” I waited until he sat down next to me until I squealed and hugged him again.

            “You wanna know what I have planned for today?” He wondered as he rested his arm around me.

            “Uh, yeah!” I giggled from all of the excitement. Just as he was going to talk, Teresa walked in holding a tray covered in food.

            “Okay you two! Here’s a bunch of food, theres more in the kitchen if you guys want it.” She said as she set the tray on the coffee table. It had cinnamon rolls, juice, strawberries, and bacon. Landon went straight to the bacon, while I picked up a cinnamon roll.

            “Are you ever going to tell me?” I asked with my mouth full of food.

            “I figured we could have another movie day, but not watch most of the movie.” He said with a smirk on his face.

            “Landon!” I slapped his arm. “Your mother is in the next room over! Maybe later.”

            “I’ll close the door!” He giggled and smirked.

THE END.

           Hi guys! I think this is a good place to end. I might add more later on, but I want to make sure to finish all of my other books before I leave for college. I want to hear your feedback and if you have any ideas for continuing this, shoot me a message or comment. I am considering doing a sequel, but i'm not sure.