Upon the Mountain, Sound Vs. Training: Chapter 197 Arc 2 Ruined Saga

Narrator POV

Diana had charged up the mountain as every step was starting to lighter, less snow as each moment going up the mountain seemed to get much easier. It had been another day since their last real break as Diana led the pack, along with Olaf and Braum, who were the big defenders of the group.

LeBlanc: How close would we be to the top?

Diana: Not more than another set of days, maybe 3 or so. The Mist is beginning to grow around this distance, so now we should be getting much closer.

They could hardly see through the Mist that now began to culminate around the central land. They went through this green and black mist as everyone held up their weapons, making sure that nothing popped out suddenly.

Lucian: We have to be close, it's dense...

Senna:... I can feel something up close.

Gwen began to feel this twinge, a sense of nostalgia that lingered on the back of her mind, and made her eyes water and mouth dry. Was it fear? Or something more? It was hard to tell for the doll girl, as feelings like this were so new to her.

Katarina: Look! It's washing away!

Everyone looked close as the mist began to settle behind them. They made it to a small plateau as small amounts of snow and ice sat below their shoes. They all looked up to a grand sight. Up above, there sat the absolute peak of the mountain top, from a large distance they could see it, as an orange hue glowed over it, as if the stars bathed at the very top.

Diana: That is the top, a path to something so much greater, we are barely a fraction of the distance to making it.

Irelia: It's beautiful... As if the gods sit atop of the mountain.

Diana: Because they do. Higher than person, at the top of Mount Targon sits power beyond your mortal comprehension. Something so unattainable, so dangerous...Yet so very beautiful.

Riven: You don't have to brag...

Diana: I am not bragging, it is simply the truth. Now unless you want to die, we need to find out where--

There was a large explosion, some distance away. Diana noticed the black and green explosion of power as spirits flew across all around. They flew and swarmed the mountain, looking and searching, hunting.

Senna: There, that is where he must be looking!

Lucian: We move!

Everyone began to move as Diana simply looked upon the nearby mountain. She studied and waited as she felt the wind blow in her silver hair. She simply began to slide down the mountain side, as the rest of the group did as well.

The Mist wraiths noticed their presence as they flew towards the mountain top. Everyone prepared their weapons as Olaf began by screaming into a fury and leaped off the mountain. His powerful jump sent him far into the air as he began to swing madly at every single creature, his gilded weapons slashing and dicing each spirit away into nothingness.

He landed on a section of the mountain that bridged itself to the one with the Black Mist that was spreading towards the explosion that just occurred. He was already rushing towards it

Braum: Olaf sure is angry!

Yasuo: You can say that again!

Lucian covered Senna as he sprayed deadly light bolts at each creature, moving swiftly with deadly pursuit out of the way of the dive bombing attacks. Gwen was slicing each up as they all noticed from down below the mountain side, much larger Mist wraiths came crawling and lumbering towards them.