Ch. 1 ~ First Day, Fresh Start

"Chanel!!!! C-H-A-N-E-L!!!" Ross shook me. "Ugh! Whaaaat?!" I moaned, while rolling over to face him. He started laughing, as he kissed me. "It's the first day of high school. You gotta get up so we can get rolling." He explained. I giggled, grabbed a pillow, shoved it in his face, and rolled back over. I heard him stand up. "Alright. You leave me no choice." He warned. I grabbed onto the headboard. He started pulling my legs to get me out of bed. "Stop it!" I laughed. He kept pulling. I started screaming at the top of my lungs. He let go and sighed. "Fine. You win....." He started. I nodded and laid back down. Suddenly I felt Ross's body sit on top of my legs, pinning me down. He started tickling me. I started squirming around, and hitting his chest to make him stop. "Ahhhh! Ross! No!!!" I laughed. He kept tickling. I flipped out of my bed and onto the floor. Ross started laughing at me, as he stood up. I hopped up, and playfully hit his bare chest. I walked to the bathroom, took a quick shower, and got ready. I looked at myself in the mirror. I had put on skinny jeans, my ugg boots, a gray V-neck, my old hoodie Ross gave me when we first met, and a beanie. My makeup looked natural, and I was ready. I ran downstairs and sat down at our counter. Ross slid me a plate of pancakes with some orange juice. I smiled and began eating. "Sooooo........! Are you ready for your first day of school?!?!" Ross exclaimed. I slightly nodded, a little unsure. He grabbed his coffee and sat down next to me. "Awwww c'mon! It's gonna be fun!!!!!!" He laughed. "Ehh maybe....." I said. He rolled his eyes and kissed my cheek. "You'll be fine." He whispered.

"Alright. Here we are!" Ross smiled. I looked out my window at my new school. It was a brick building with a court yard in front, a football field in the back, and there were kids my age all around. I immediately saw the cliques. Girls sitting and reading (geeks), girls with obvious boob-jobs in designer purses (populars), girls in ripped - black clothes (gothics)...... I wasn't sure where I'd be. I looked back at Ross, who was looking at the school too. He looked at me and smiled. I kissed him, passionately. He slipped his tongue into my mouth. I messed with his hair, as we kissed. I heard a tap on the windshield, then a whistle. I looked up and saw a bunch of football jocks standing there. I gave Ross one last kiss, then climbed out of the car. One of those boys came up to me as Ross pulled away. He grabbed my arm, and I turned around. "Hey. You're Chanel Wilson." He said. "Ummm yeah. So? Who are you?" I asked. He laughed. "Nothing, it's just.... you're dating Ross Lynch. I'm Carter Lenzing. Was that Ross in there?" He introduced. "Uh, I'm engaged. And yeah. That was Ross." I said. He nodded and smiled. It started getting awkward so I turned around and walked away. "I'll see you around, okay?!" He called after me. I gave him a thumbs up, as I kept walking.

I walked to my home room, which is biology with Mr. Wenton. I went in and sat down next to a girl with long, blonde hair, and blue eyes. She looked up at me as I asked if I could sit with her. "Sure." She answered. I sat down next to her. She looked at me. "Hi, I'm Olivia." She greeted. I nodded. "Chanel Wilson." I introduced myself. Her head shot up. "Oh my..... YOU'RE CHANEL WILSON!" She shrieked. I started laughing. "I-I know. I just said that." I giggled. She took a deep breath, then faced me again. "Alright. I'm sorry. I get excited." She apologized. I laughed. "It's cool." I forgave her. The bell rang, and 2 different cliques came in. The first was the popular girls I'd seen outside, the next were the gothics. I nudged Olivia. "Who's that?" I asked her. She pointed to the popular girls. "THAT is Anna and her group of the 'too fabulous'" she explained. She pointed to the other group. "That's Lola. She's a little weird, she gets into trouble a lot. I suggest you stay out of her way." She noted. I nodded, then moved on. Class began.

So by the end of the day, I'd pretty much settled in. So I'd thought.

I shut my locker and grabbed my purse. I made my way to the front courtyard, when I ran into someone. Or THEY ran into me. "UGH! Watch where you're going!!" The voice screeched. I turned around and saw Anna. Hey, you ran into me, Anna." I defended. "Um excuse me? How do you know my name?" She asked. "I'm in all of your classes. We sit next to each other in Life Skills.....?" I trailed on. "Mmm no.... I don't remember. Sorry, you're just too, INVISIBLE." She laughed. I stared at her in disbelief. And with the flip of her hair, she was gone, heading to her other friends. I rolled my eyes, pulled my arms into my stomach, clutching it tight, and walked to Ross's car. I hopped into the car, and threw my purse to the floor. "Hey baby, how was the first day?" Ross asked, excitedly. "It was great. I love it here!" I lied. He smiled, and began to kiss me. He started to lick the edge of my lip as if asking for more, when there was a falling sound, like something hitting the car. I pulled away, and looked out the windshield. There was Anna, "laying" on the hood of the car. She was "pushed" into it. She started nervously laughing. "Oh hey, Chanel!!!!!! Sorry 'bout that." She said. Her face said sorry, but her eyes told the real story. She was doing this on purpose. I fake smiled. She walked off, and got into her car. "Is that one of your friends?" Ross asked. "You could say that......" I answered. I could tell, from day 1, school was gonna be hell.