Ch. 7 ~ Rockstar Say What?!

The next morning I woke up in Ross's arms. I nudged him a little, and giggled as his eyes fluttered open. "Good morning, beautiful." He whispered. "Hey handsome," I whispered back, ruffling my fingers through his hair. His lips parted into a smile, which then softly kissed my lips. I pulled away, then closed my eyes. "Alright, well, I've got some big news. Sooo... Meet me downstairs when you decide to stay awake." He said with a small laugh. I smiled, then nodded. He kissed my cheek, then got up and walked downstairs.

About an hour later I walked downstairs to see Ross, sitting on the floor, up against the couch, watching TV and cutting something out with scissors. I walked into the living room. "Hey..." I greeted. He turned off the TV, and smiled. He motioned for me to come sit in his lap. So I did. He spread his legs, and I crawled in between, and then leaned back against his chest, resting my head on his shoulder. "So... Remember how I said I want to be the best dad possible?" He asked me. "Sure.." I agreed, remembering. "I'm gonna make sure I do that... So I've made a few changes." He blurted. Immediately I panicked. I hate change - always have, and probably always will. I shot up, and turned to look at him. "Changes? Ross. What 'changes'?" I asked, scared. He tried pulling me back in. "Nothing that would matter anyways..." He started. I pushed my hand (gently) up against his chest, with just enough force to get my point across. "Ross. What. Changes." I demanded. He sighed. "I quit." He mumbled. My mouth dropped, and I covered it. I let out a tear and shook my head. "Well I haven't exactly done it yet. I'm going over tomorrow. Soon, there'll be no more Austin and Ally, no more R5, no more record deal, no more stress." He said. "Ross. No. You're not quitting." I answered, stubbornly. "Yes, Chanel. I am." He argued. "Ross. Yes, I want you to be there for our kids, but I didn't mean this. Deep down I know you don't want this. And I know you know it too. I'm not letting you quit." I fought back. "THEN WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!" He yelled. I closed my eyes. He realized what he'd done. Not only had he yelled at me, he'd cut me. The scissors were still in his hands, and when he yelled, he moved his arm with enough speed and force, that it cut me down my arm. I flinched, then slowly opened my eyes to see the blood running down my arm. I didn't show how badly it hurt. "Chanel. Oh my God. I'm so sorry, I - let me help you - here, I -" he started. Before he could even lay a hand on me, I slapped my hand over my cut, and scrambled away from him. "Ross, we'll talk about this later. For now, let me clean this up." I explained. "Here, let me help you..." He tried again. "No, Ross. For now, you know what? Just.... Just leave me alone." I said. Then I turned and walked away to go clean up my cut.

I walked to the bathroom and immediately began to wash out my cut. The cold water stung when it touched the cut, but it also brought out relief. Once all that had been cleaned up, I put bandaids and gauze over my cut like crazy, then finally wrapped it. 'Okay. All better.' I thought to myself. It still hurt, but it could have been worse. I walked out of the bathroom and found Sugar, still in her cage, whining. "Oh, come here, you." I laughed, as I opened up her cage and scooped her up into my arms. I thought I heard a bit of guitar, so I headed down to the basement. Ross was sitting on a stool, strumming his guitar. "Hey." I greeted, quietly. "Hey. How's your arm?" He asked. I looked at it, in disgust. You could see a bit of the blood soaking through now. I bit my lip and lied, "Fine." He set the guitar down and looked at me, studying my expression. "So about earlier...... Look, I'm sorry. Not just about your arm, but..." He trailed off. "Ross. Don't apologize. It's alright. I just don't want you to feel like you have to quit doing what you love because you're growing up. That's not fair. You love performing. You ARE performing. It's who you are. You can't just give up. If it gets busy, we'll make time. Nothing is going to change. You're continuing Austin and Ally, and you're staying in R5!" I explained. "How?" He asked, a tone of hope. "Austin and Ally is revolved around you. If you can't get everything in, they still find a way to make it work. So, that's not really a problem. R5 can just schedule rehearsals and shows around times that you can do it. It'll be easy. I promise. Don't quit." I said. "What about the European tour? Chanel, I'm not missing half of the pregnancy AND the delivery. I'm just not." He demanded. "Then here, you haven't announced it to the public yet anyways, so just make it start earlier, and end earlier. Okay?" I asked. He nodded, and agreed. "Okay."

"So it's settled then." I said. He nodded, and I have him a small kiss and walked back upstairs.

Later that night it was really hot, so I changed into my nightwear lingerie, and laid on the floor of our bedroom. I saw Ross come in, wearing nothing but his boxers. He saw me and a sly smile spread across his face. He climbed on top of me and began doing push ups, pretty much puffing out his chest when he lowered. "Whatcha doing?" I asked. "Mm.. Nothing," He answered, holding back laughter. "What about you?" He asked. I closed my eyes, and responded, "nothing," He continued to do the push-ups, now kissing me when he lowered. Finally I let out a little laugh. "If your plan is to seduce me, it's not gonna work." I laughed, stubbornly. "You sure about that? Are you seduceable?" He asked. I shook my head, "Nope." I answered. He raised an eyebrow and began kissing me. "We'll see about that." He whispered....