Ch. 4 ~ Check Up

Just then the doctor came in. "Ah! I see you're awake and catching up...." He laughed. I looked up at Ross, nuzzled in his neck a little, then looked back at the doctor and smiled. I pulled away and straightened myself up in the bed, still sitting back. "Alright, Mrs.....?" The doctor started. "Lynch. Chanel Lynch." I smiled, looking at Ross. He smiled too. "Alright, Mrs. Lynch. We're going to be running a series of tests to make sure everything is going alright." The doctor explained. I nodded. "First, I'll take your blood pressure, then your heart rate, I'll get an IV for you, we'll need a urine sample, and then I think we'll be done," He smiled. I nodded. "Oh and uh, I noticed in our body check last night, that you've got a little one on the way! Would you like me to check that out, too?" He asked. I looked at Ross. We both nodded. The doctor hooked me up to the blood pressure machine, took my heart rate, then left the room to get the IV. I looked over at Ross who was playing with his fingers, smiling to himself. "What?" I asked. He shook his head. I reached over and playfully punched him in the chest. "Tell me!" I laughed. He got up quickly, and leaned on the side of my bed. He started kissing me. "We're gonna see our baby." He smiled. I kissed him again. He slipped his tongue into my mouth. I did the same. I could feel him moaning through the kiss. I pulled away, catching my breath. I stroked his hair. "Baby, baby, baby. Oh gosh, we can't do this here." I said, out of breath. "You're right. I can carry you to the bathroom. That's more private." He joked. I smirked and kissed him. The doctor came in again, breaking our kiss. He laughed. "You two must have really missed each other." He said. I blushed. "Alright. Anyways, I'm going to give you the IV, then I need you to drink lots of water, and snack on these crackers." He explained. I nodded. He hooked the needle up. I grabbed Ross's hand. The doctor stuck the needle up my arm. I flinched, shut my eyes tight, and squeezed Ross's hand. The IV sat for a few moments, but then was pulled out, and the doctor stuck a gauze over the spot, and used medical tape to keep it there. "All done." He said. I nodded, reaching for my water. After a few minutes, I got up, did the urine sample, then laid back down. The doctor was coming in to talk about the baby in a few minutes. I was feeling a little light-headed from the IV. I looked over at Ross and reached for his hand. He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, as we swung our hands, slowly back and forth. The doctor brought in the ultrasound equipment, and hooked everything up. He grabbed his little handle thing, put the gel on it, and lifted my hospital clothes. Yes, I've been pregnant for about a 6 weeks, so my stomach is bulging just a little. Honestly it just looks like a weight gain, no one could be able to tell I'm pregnant. The doctor set the handle on my stomach, and rubbed it around. "It's true." I laughed. "What is?" He asked. "It's really cold." I said. He smirked. Ross stood up, so he could look at the monitor. I looked at the monitor too. There he or she was. You couldn't tell yet (obviously) whether it was a boy or girl. Right now the baby just looks like a little bouncy ball, with little outlines of a brain, arms, legs, and eye sockets. It was so cute! Ross started giggling. I looked at him, I felt tears coming on, and I sighed as he smiled at me. The doctor explained to us what we were seeing, told us the baby was healthy, we thanked him, and he put the machine away. He rolled a chair up to my bed. "Alright. So, lets talk results of the tests......" He started. "Everything seems to be getting better, going alright. We'll prescribe a medicine for you, and I suggest staying home and resting for about a week. You should be better by then. You can return to school and daily activities after a week. Sound good?" He explained. I nodded, and he handed me the meds. Then, the family came in. Everyone circles me, asking a bunch of questions, confronting me, and sighing. Ross stood up "EVERYBODY SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!" He yelled. Everyone piped down. "My lord, people." He breathed. He explained everything that the doctor had told us. Everyone nodded, and agreed. I then got up, changed out of my hospital dress, and then we walked downstairs and checked out. I grabbed Ross's hand, as we walked outside. And the paparazzi was there {surprise, surprise}. They were yelling things like "ROSS! CHANEL! IS IT TRUE YOU ATTEMPTED SUICIDE?!?!" And "WE HEAR YOU'RE PREGNANT, CHANEL, TELL US ABOUT THAT!!" And all that media crap. Ross had told me that those people were honestly just soulless robots. One of them was really getting on my nerves. He was yelling louder than anyone, he kept snapping the camera right in from of my face, he even reached to touch me. Finally, he did touch me. "GET THE HELL OFF OF ME!" I warned. "Alright, alright. I'm sorry." He said, still filming and snapping pictures. He bumped into me. I lost it. I shoved him. "YOU ARE THE MOST RUDE AND DISGUSTING PIG I HAVE EVER MET. IF YOU EVER F****** TOUCH ME AGAIN, I SWEAR-" I started yelling. Ross, grabbed my arm, spun me around, and pulled me close to him. He knew I was about to lose it, and just break down. I buried my head in his chest, and really did start to cry. He kissed my forehead, as we finally reached our car. Before I got into the passenger seat, I leaned my back up against the door. Ross held me, as I cried. "Hey, hey..... Shhhhhhhh. It's alright, baby. You're alright. No need to cry." He comforted. I looked up at him. He wiped my eyes, gave me a kiss, then helped me into the car. He walked around to the other side and got in. He leaned over and began kissing me. The paparazzi started to snap pictures but you know what? I gave them my middle finger, as we kept kissing. I pulled away, still keeping our heads close. "F*** them." Ross whispered with a smile. I smiled too.