𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐝 - Chapter 3

POV - CarmenWarnings: None

POV - Carmen
Warnings: None

POV - CarmenWarnings: None

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

The moon was high in the sky with clouds in sight. Stars shining more brightly than the ones you were used to.

You've already had more of a interesting life in the span of three days than the one where you've lived for eighteen years.

You were escorted to a room in the Knights of Favonious Headquarters the moment you left Jean's office. It generally looked like an ordinary room. A bed with white blankets and sheets, a bedside table with a lamp resting on top of it, a nice red carpet, a wardrobe and a desk and chair in the far back of the room. Nothing extravagant.

The knights had supplied you with sleeping wear so you were currently lying on the bed with a clean night gown. You appreciated it a lot since— if you were to be honest, you'd rather not sleep on the same clothes for the third night in a row. Especially since said clothes are in rough shape.

Speaking of those clothes, you met Noelle earlier and she was kind enough to offer to wash your clothes after seeing the poor state they were in, all battered up and some hints of faint blood. She even gave you spare clothes for the next day and offered you to use the bath. Never have you ever been more happier to bathe again.

So even after changing clothes, taking a bath, being given a nice comfy bed and even being able to enjoy a nice dinner they gave you, why couldn't you sleep? Why couldn't you bring yourself to shut down?

No matter how many times you shifted and adjusted on the bed, you were still wide awake.

Maybe it was because of the events that had transpired? You've met so many characters you've only ever seen through a screen in one day and saw Ista in reality instead through a dream. All of this might be disorienting your sense of being able to distinguish between what's real or not. You desperately hope that's not the case.