𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬 - Chapter 4

POV - CarmenWarnings: Coarse Language

POV - Carmen
Warnings: Coarse Language

POV - CarmenWarnings: Coarse Language

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

The Knights of Favonious Headquarters was as bustling as ever. Knight trainees following their superiors, maids running off to do errands, older members growing ever exhausted at the younger people and small children sneaking off to bomb fish when they weren't supposed to. All in a day as a knight or working for the knights.

And then there was you who sat awkwardly in Jean's office. Watching a bird go by through the window as the clock ticks ever slowly.

Thankfully you were never caught by anyone else last night besides by the Calvary Captain. Even though you really didn't do anything wrong it could've raised suspicions. Something you'd rather not have happening.

But alas the special morning has arrived where you would be meeting someone who goes by the name of 'Venti'. Apparently someone who Diluc advises you should meet. You trust the man's judgement so you have no qualms about it.

Though, you don't remember an NPC that was named Venti. It sounds such like an exotic name too. Most NPC names tend to be plain. Meanwhile playable characters got names you've never even heard of before. Most of them anyway. Which is why it's a bit weird this guy is named after a Starbucks drink size.

Though besides the fact that this guy has one heck of an odd name Jean seems to know him too. So surely if this is someone Carmen should meet and both Jean and Diluc know him, his name should've somewhat been mentioned in the game. Maybe you didn't pay attention to the NPC's names enough?

In any case, you weren't the only one in Jean's office. Jean herself and Diluc were here too. You understood the reason why Jean was here but why the heck is Mr. 'I-hate-the-knights-with-a-burning-passion' doing here too?

So you did what any other normal person would do. You asked him. Politely of course.

"Uh, Diluc? If you don't mind me asking, why.. are you here?" You ask said man with an awkward smile. You've been sitting in silence for so long waiting for this mystery person that it became awkward really quick. Breaking the silence just felt weird but you were curious.