☼ ꜱᴘᴇʟʟʙᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙʏ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ (ꜱɴɪᴘᴘᴇᴛ)

ꜱᴘᴇʟʟʙᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙʏ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ (ꜱɴɪᴘᴘᴇᴛ)

     "Pran, will you just—"

     The Pure Blood cuts him off, green-adorned robes fanning out as he spins, slapping away Pat's outstretched hand, furious tears in his eyes. "Just what, Napat? Just let it happen? Just forget about it? What? What do you want from me?"

     Pat is taken aback.

     "Whatever you think this is, it's not." Pran's voice cracks. "This can't be anything."

     The Hufflepuff scoffs, his happy-go-lucky facade dropping and eyes turning fierce. "You want to pretend that nothing happened? Huh, Pran? To pretend that—"

     "Pretend...? You're an asshole."

     "Me?! I'm the asshole?"

     Pran's lip trembles, his tears threatening to fall. "Yes, because you won't let this be!"

     Pat huffs a dry laugh, fighting back his own tears. "Pran, I won't pretend that nothing happened, because it did happen. If you want to, then fine. So be it."

     He knew that the Muggle alcohol had been a bad idea from the start, but Pran had wanted to do something — anything — to get his mind off Pat. In hindsight, he should have known that it wouldn't have worked. He is far too gone for the Half Blood.

     'I love you... I don't want to...'

     The cursed confession rings in his head, the words laden with truth and drink. Pran hates it, because Pat has done nothing but stick by Pran's side since that stupid night.

     'You mean it?' Pat had asked, starry eyed.

     Pran had giggled drunkenly. 'Of course I do, you silly puppy.'

     'What if I tell you the same, Pran?'

     Pran's eyes had lit up like a star being born. 'Hmm?'

     Pat had smiled, like they had all of the time in the universe at their fingertips. 'What if I told you, right now, that I love you?'

     'I would say you're lying. I know you don't, Pat.'

     'Let me prove it. How's that sound?'

     Pran hates it, hates how easily he caved and let Pat essentially "woo" him, for all intents and purposes — but he also feels giddy, because Pat Jindapat returns his feelings, after so long of Pran pining.

     "I hate you, Napat Jindapat."

     It's a lie, a terrible one, and Pat knows. Pran knows that he does, because Pat gives a watery smile and pulls Pran close. Because Pat kisses Pran's tear-stained cheeks softly. Because he doesn't let Pran go.

     "I love you too, Parakul Siridechawat."

     That's the truth. Pran knows.