☼ ꜱᴡᴏʀɴ ʙʏ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ (ꜱɴɪᴘᴘᴇᴛ)

ꜱᴡᴏʀɴ ʙʏ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ (ꜱɴɪᴘᴘᴇᴛ)

Hurt/Comfort  —  "Well? Aren't you going to apologise for breaking my heart?"  —  Mafia AU  —  "I think... I've already been in love with you this whole time."

     Pran has been running his family's Mafia Syndicate for the better part of ten years, since he was sixteen years old. Given how young he is in comparison to the competition, he is quite often considered incapable and inept; often accused of not being able to do his job.

     It's funny to see the look on their faces when Pran proves them wrong — or when he simply puts a gun to their head and pulls the trigger. He gets to see the last glimmer of light leave their eyes, and that's enough for him.

     He refuses to bow down; to submit and make them right.

     In the most cliché way possible, the only one that hasn't looked down upon Pran is Pat, the son of the Jindapat Syndicate who has not long taken over from his father.

     Pat is a family man, fiercely protective of his mother and his sister — and his little sister's girlfriend.

     Ming Jindapat was one of the Mafia leaders that Pran's parents, and then Pran, have worked closely with for years. They got along, for the most part.

     Even though Pat is a few years older than Pran, Pat has always acted as though they're the same age — or that Pat is younger.

     Pran, annoyingly, found it far too endearing back when they were teenagers.

     Pran, frustratingly, still finds it so endearing now that they've been together for years.

     But, now they are having one of their biggest fights yet. It came from a fuck up; a wrong shot bullet.

     He can remember the day that Pat confessed to him, both of them covered in blood, & adrenaline flooding their bodies.

     Pran confessed first, starry eyed with Pat pinning him to an alley wall as they hid from a Mafia Syndicate they've been having issues with.

     "Fuck, I love you."

     Pran hadn't meant to say it, but the thrumming emotion was just enough to give Pran the courage to confess. He had frozen, scared.

     Pat had dragged Pran into a furious kiss, the metallic taste of iron upon their tongues. "I think... I've been in love with you this whole time."

     Pran had cried. Oh, how he had cried. Pat had held him as he cried, relieved and scared all at once.

     They couldn't have their love, not with the underground war in Thailand.

     But, fuck, Pran was greedy. He wouldn't let Pat slip through his fingers. Pran would kill for Pat.

     Pran does kill for Pat in the end, but what Pran doesn't realise is that the guy he killed is Pat's friend. 

     "You fucked up," Pat spits, his fierce eyes dark and unforgiving. "Fuck, Pran... I can't believe you fucking—"

     "How was I supposed to know?" Pran snarls. "He had a—"

     "I don't give a fuck that he had a gun on me! Ling was my friend!"

     "Would you rather I let you die?"

     Pat falters. "Pran, I—"

     Pran shoves him back, palms flat against the taller man's chest. "No, you don't get to fucking say anything! You were about to get fucking shot, and... You were about to die right in front of me, and you wanted me to... To what? Stand here and do nothing?" Pran shakes his head, trying his damndest to keep a tight hold on his emotions. "Pat, I was terrified. I thought that... I can't fucking lose you, you asshole! I love you!"

     Pat lets out a choked sound and stumbles forward, uncaring of the blood on his face as he pulls Pran close and buries his face against Pran's neck. "Baby..."

     "Apologise, ai'sat... Are you going to apologise for breaking my fucking heart?" Pran's voice shakes. "Fuck you, Pat..."

     "I... Baby, I'm sorry."

     "Fuck you, you self-sacrificing fucking asshole. Don't you dare fucking do that shit again."

     Pat's body jerks and shakes, and that's how Pran knows that the giant puppy is crying. "I'm... Pran, I'm..."

     Pran shushes him, hand tracing Pat's spine. "Puppy..."

     "I didn't... Pran, I... I'm..."

     "I know, Pat, I know."