Dear, Summer Camp; Goodbye...

(This is not a poem, but a short letter to my new family of writers and artists I met at a literature camp)

In my speech at the last day, I didn't get to speak what happened in camp... what happens in camp, stays in camp, yes, but I want to say it anyways, to remind you and myself of all the great things we did in two simple weeks. Our memories will last a life time.

   It was a monday where I thought Hell was going to start all over again. I thought I was going to school, who wouldn't if your summer camp is in the most depressive and prestigious college in the whole Island. I was the first one there, but I was still not ready for anything, the new people and the socializing, I was 18 years not ready for this. I saw some people arriving and slowly saw what I was going to deal for ten days. The first day seemed eternal, the awkward silence was the loudest moments ever. I had acquainted a few people and slowly felt comfortable. We were all different, not one of us seemed to be the same. The days wentnon and our friendship blossomed with the days. We spoke of our culture, which we summed up to "Adobo" and "Mayoketchup" and we crossed the line at some point, then we knew we weren't that different. We grew, up and above our awkwardness, and we created something more than just a friendship, but a bond. We passed through many obstacles. We survived the Jurassic World in heels, we whispered into our hearts, we crossed the line of our problems, we put pizazz into our "embelecoso" selves, we walked through nature, we danced salsa, we sent a message in two single words, wrote our day in six words and our surrounding nature in haikus, we spoke our legacy in verse and our sanctuary in prose, we felt the heat of composte and are now property of goat, we made diamonds and we met legends, we saw turtles fossilized by sodas and doves listen to our problems, we struggled in vending machines and saw the 2nd annual Carnival of Gay Volleyball, we glitched through endings of animes so much we are used to it, we spoke passionately about bands, we sold out the gummy worms and got a free pineapple drink, we acted and we died, we had a king and we had a lion, we had poundcake, sandwiches and donuts for recess and ate like royalty during lunch, we had our own trolley stop and only one took the trolley, we danced like there was no tomorrow and completely let it go in karaoke and we shared millions of other memories in just ten days... I can't really write this without drifting off into nostalgia and laughing and smiling like a total buffoon, but you guys make it worth it to act like an idiot. The laughter, the inside jokes, the awkwardness, the everything, it was all worth it. You bunch of weirdos, you evolved into my family. The social akward kids and adults I met evolved into the best kind of brothers and sister I could ever have. You guys are the best infinity that ever happened to me in these short days. Amd even though I wished for these ten days to grow and multiply, to evolve and last for ever, our memories and our friendship are the only best thing that can last as much. Remember me when I'm no longer with you, when you see a dove, talk to it and never lose the opportunity to use our hashtags. Never forget, you guys changed my life in ways I couldn't imagine. Thank you, MayaWest Writers Project.

#CROEM

#todos_somos_jonathan_en_CROEM

#hairflip